Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

5thwheel:

gazzer:
LOL Ray, still collect pallets for winter burning or making garden furniture. Spanish don’t seem to bother with them. Not found anyone to buy Euro pallets any sense!

Same here in Portugal gazzer,the Portuguese don’t bother about timber pallets,they leave them all over the place,I collect them and with a chainsaw cut them up for winter log burner kindling,some are GKN blue as well!…….must have got lost in transit!

David

Have they got deep pockets David? When they deliver loads on those pallets they are swapped for empties aren’t they, and when they load on pallets they have to hand over empties in return? At least that was what happened here in France in my experience. If no pallets to exchange I thought they had to pay for the ones they take. :confused:

I remember on one occasion when I went to load and prepared to handover my empties they refused saying that they were only accepted at another depot 15 kms away. I had to go there, deliver them and get a receipt in return which had to be handed over to my loading depot in order to be given my palleted load. :unamused: