Driver Shortage

Action needs to be taken against the DVLA, I am one who has to renew my class one licence every year with of course the medical attached to this process. After having the med exam done not my Doctor I may add as we have forgotten what he looks like now its been that long that one cannot get a face to face appointment, any ways an exam was arranged by an independent Doctor and all this done in plenty of time so sent it of for renewal at Swansea, here I am now two months later and not heard a dickie bird from them and no renewed licence coming forth.
They did send an Email telling me it was in hand at the beginning and they had received my application but two months later and nothing from them and all you get is the excuse that Covid is to blame for the delay. Now its not so important for me and I did take the precaution to photocopy both sides of my licence and stick them together so if stopped I had something to show, this being said it is only the class one bit of my licence that is out of date but as a company we have three drivers out of ten at the moment who cannot ship out as abroad unless you have the hard copy card licence it is not valid over the water which limits our work force on International work, no proper licence big fine, two have been waiting three months to date.
This does not help the driver situation at all when you consider that I bet all these Illegal immigrants coming to our shores do not face such delays, logged in, fed & watered any medical needs catered for somewhere to live all at our taxpayers expense, if they can do this why does it take so long to process a simple driving license.
The problem here is that if one rings the DVLA after waiting 20 minutes to get connected you get the same answer, we are dealing with a backlog and it will be processed asap, well not good enough in my book this should be sorted and stop blaming Brexit & Covid as these excuses are running thin, Buzzer.