Middle East - Not Astran!

Wheel Nut:
Riding the hooks amused me as my very first job after school was commercial bodybuilding and refurbishing shipping containers, so as the youngster I was sent up to hang the hooks, as the boxes were stacked two high this meant climbing 16’ with hinges, rivets and door bars for purchase and support, once on top you could relax as the crane operator swung you round as fast as he could and unceremoniously dropped the heavy door end into the muddy yard, then I climbed down and clambered up the next one. 20 years later I was doing it all again when Norman Lewis bought an old crane to load our demountable tanks. At least now we had ladders on the tanks and could come down between lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a similar post on Facebook and Des King, who worked with us in Saudi, with Ginger McNeil and Geoff Collins responded that it was hell if you walked out of you flip flops when you were on top of the containers, it fried your feet! I always wore shoes or boots, I didn’t like the idea of stepping on a scorpion in the desert. I guess those things wouldn’t be a problem in England!