PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Dean IIRC Fluens were based in Andover

Thanks Buzzer,just checked not had them on before. :wink:

Kempston:
Kempston" London Brick F86.

Thanks Dean, I was trying think where it was taken but it’s not ringing any bells?

No, cant say i recognise where that was taken Kempston. :unamused:

Will pop a bit on about London Bricks in he next few days. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
Sorry,i don’t know anything about Pace Petroleum.I would say they just bought fuels on the spot market for their filling stations.

Think you could be right Chris. Just found this clipping but nothing else on them. :wink:

erf pace petrol ppg.PNG

windrush:
DeanB wrote: “windrush” I bet you have worked on most of these at some time.

Vans 1979.

Yes, worked on Minor’s, Transit’s, Bedford CA/HA and CF and owned a VW camper for over 20 years and also a LDV 400 for several years.

Pete.

I imagine you were a good mechanic Pete as you cerainly worked on alot of different stuff. :wink:

Cockerdog:
Dean IIRC Fluens were based in Andover

Fluens were from Picket Piece just outside of Andover on the ‘back road’ to St Mary Bourne/Whitchurch.

The company is long gone but, the yard is still there - it’s now small industrial units. Andover Fork Trucks and Tiger Trucks (I think they make and fit tilt/slide vehicle recovery bodies) are based there.

Fluens also ran an ICI fertiliser store at Thruxton race circuit. One of the forklift drivers was Bill Fluen jnr, the owners son. ‘The only forklift driver that turns up for work in a Porsche’ as he was known to my dad!!

Sounds like it was a well run company “Cockerdog” if the son was driving a Porche,what did he old man have ■■ :laughing: :laughing: Thanks for the info. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“pete smith” “Chris Webb”

There’s a feller on FB whose dad drove for BRS Swansea who contracted for Briton Ferry Steels,this photo shows Eardisley station in steam days with Briton Ferry Steels AEC MK5s on the right,awaiting changeover.They were double shifted on that job IIRC.Not my photo.

Morning All,
Eardisley station is now a private house and the yard is a small ind est, I think the Winforton Cafe is a fishing shop now. Cartwrights from Stourbridge is a name from the past, I have a pic somewhere of one of their Guy Invincibles will post it if I can find it! Cheer’s Pete

Hi Chris thanks for a brilliant photo never seen that before …this thread is so refreshing !! with input !
Have been told this week that a Briton ferry /BRS Swansea AEC MK 5nwas involved in an accident near the old railway bridge just up the road from Eardisley towards Kinnersley .
Eardisley station yard was home for a Atki Borderer of Morfa Transport for many years ,the driver lived nearby ,they had several drivers in the Leominster area .
Dean thank you for the Kendrick Foden shot ,the aforementioned 6x2 unit that crashed near Brecon was hauling sand for Margham
Cartwright of Stourbridge certainly a blast from the past as was Candy transport who also ran Guys they were i think the transport arm of Don Everall ,they had a driver based at Brimfield ,and the Craven Arms area ,regards Keith

Thanks for the commens Keith. Incase you missed them check pages 267 and 496 for Kendrick pics and articles. :wink:

Talking of Morfa heres a couple of there motors.

A03996p.JPG

A04001p.JPG

ArcDaz:
Any idea Daz ■■ Seen here when they were building the Holes Bay road in Poole.

Hello Dean this photo is a new one to me which i have not seen before but a rough guess i think this Scammell Routeman may of been ex F Word haulage Ltd from West London.Many thanks the mixed batch of Pictures very good indeed Best Regards Darren :smiley:

Cheers Daz. :wink: Alot of those Routemans ended up with owner drivers who use to travel around the country doing large road jobs. Rmember when they built the
Wimborne bypas there were alot of Routemans on that job. :smiley: