Which Trailer Manufacturer made the best 33/40ft flat

dave docwra:

Bewick:

dave docwra:

Bewick:
Paddy outfit Montracon bought out TASK so I changed over to good old C/F

Hi Dennis, Just being curious but did you give them a chance or did you just not like Montracon/Montgomery ?

Hi Dave, got to be careful here because if I let rip about what I really thought about Montracon I will get castigated from certain quarters about my strongly held opinions which I should keep to myself and say ‘nowt !
However, as it was me that bought trailers and not my detractors I believe I can express a qualified opinion on trailer manufactures as I saw them !
I never entertained or considered either Montracon,SDC or Dennison trailers for the Bewick fleet full stop. However it was Montracon that tried a time or two, unsuccessfully, to interest me in their product and in particular by their, then, " East End Barra’ Boy Sales Director". Well this particular day he turns up un-announced at the depot and proudly tells me that as Montracon had just bought out Taskers I would now be dealing with Montracon ! The cheeky B------- so I recall that I had an order for 6 TASK chassis in the process of being built for Boalloy bodies to be fitted so I informed this “Barra Boy” that if they dared to tamper with my TASK spec there would be Trouble and I chased him!! These were the last TASK chassis I bought and they closed the ■■■■■■■■■■■ factory IIRC and I returned to Crane Fruehauf for subsequent orders ! I realise that the trailer market has changed considerably since my day and is now all Paddies and Continental makes so I can’t really comment on current makes of trailer. What do you reckon ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, Thanks for the reply & I fully understand that this is an open forum, I may have had a run in with the Barra boy myself about five years ago, he was not the best singer according to another couple that I know, I may also be a million miles away with my thought process.
In the past I have had a good working relationship with Montracon trailers over the years & I have to give them credit where its due, as they always built exactly what i wanted wether it be right or wrong at their Doncaster site, I also used to deal with Harold Montgomery directly over the phone mainly during the night about forty four years ago when I used to carry out repairs as a side line to my normal job around the South West area of Scotland for a lot of Irish firms, Always received my payment the following night which was sent over on the ferry with certain drivers, He would certainly not know me after all these years and has no reason to.

Stay safe Dave.

Thanks for the reply Dave and yes you were spot on with the Singer :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.