PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

Kempston:
Looks like it says Spencer on the door of the Scania ■■

It does indeed say Spencer, E E Spencer from Leicester, used to see them a lot on the M1 when I was driving.

Cheers Kempston. :wink:

Buzzer:
Hi Dean think the fridge below could be Philson’s who took on the tomato job out of Chichester, think they cut the rate then could not make a go of it which is common with people with no nouse in the haulage game, cheers Buzzer.

Thanks for the name Buzzer. :smiley: Never understand why companies quote such stupid prices just to get work. Working for nothing ! :unamused:

Kempston:
1950’s.

Anyone doing multi drop pallet work possibly uses an electric pump truck these days,which save alot of graft especially with heavy pallets on
uneven ground. Most of us think they are a fairly new design but heres one from the 50’s.

The Harbilt Low Loader.

You need to tell Movianto that, I had just over a year with that shower of [zb] lugging my guts out dragging pallets over a ton in weight around hospitals, I now have the hernias to prove it! Real [zb] in the office there, couldn’t give a toss about the drivers.

I agree chap,its one thing pulling a ton pallet on a flat floor but as soon as you get a tiny slope you are not pulling a ton up that. :wink:

Kempston:
Whats missing on the Cambell trailer ?

Number plate, I claim my £1000 prize money please :slight_smile:

Ray Smyth:

Hey Dean and Kempston, Yes, the number plate is missing, but also the
letter P in your writing. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink: :wink: Cheers, Ray.

I must admit i never saw the number plate Kempston / Ray. But i see “graham-A” spotted it ! :unamused: :wink:

Letter P is down to my keyboard Ray,its totally buggered and normally the letter T does not work ! :wink:

Kempston:
Kempston" I know you rated the Powell Duffryn roll on roll off kit. How did Edbro compare out of intrest ?

Powell Duffryn were really excellent pieces of kit Dean, Edbro were a cheaper alternative but no where near as good imo.

You find that there is always one product that is better than the rest. :wink:

blue estate:
“DEANB”

Anyone know where the PMP Logistics Scania is from ■■

PMP was from segensworth Fareham ,
Shut up shop about 4 years ago
Formation freight in Nurseling still run one of their old Scania s

New pastures

Thanks for the info “blue estate” :wink:

coomsey:
Looks like it says Spencer on the door of the Scania ■■

Still going but under Wood’s. Their yard is ex Econofreight,Spardo knows it well. In the 70s all ERF now Volvo

Thanks for the pics and info “coomsey” :smiley:

ArcDaz:
Hi Dean have you got any more of St marys demolition great to see this pic they were based in london and i saw quite a few big demo jobs they did with ball and chain :wink:

I had to fire the scanner up for you this morning Daz. :laughing: :laughing: I only have this other cutting of the same motor but to be honest i may have
something else that may come to light in due course. :wink:

Hi Dean that is super Many thanks for that :slight_smile:

No worries Daz. :wink:

graham-A:

Number plate is on the nearside above the lights

You must have X ray vision never even saw it when i posted it. :unamused: :wink:

Boatchaser:
“DEANB”

I like your user name “Boatchaser”, how many of us on here have been pushing to make boats ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

DeanB
It was my Dads "CB Handle " he worked out of S.Ireland in the early days of Halal , Dublin Meat , Big Rig and Lynx Int ( Campbel Bodel ) and so many of the Flying Squad . And he enjoyed it so much ,and of course as you said his Transport Manager / Owner of the company was always saying " John you need to Chase that Boat . Dun Laoghaire- Holyhead , Dover Calais. Some great days as a young Kid

I think everyone who has done European work was always pushing for a boat “Boatchaser” :laughing: :laughing:
I bet you do have some good memories as a kid going with your dad. :smiley:

Will see if i have any Irish stuff.

A mate of mine sent me this Dublin Meat Mack. :wink:

“whiplash” posted this pic of a Halal 141 on this thread a while back.

DeanB
I can remember that IPEC wagon & drag coming into Holyhead sometimes or coming home with us on the same boat and when we got off the boat it was gone like the wind oh to 13 / 14 again