Driving to bulgaria

Hi could somebody help me please, I’m trying to find out what I will need to to drive to bulgaria. I am moving to bulgaria and I will be driving a7. 5 ton
Truck. I am not comercial, I’m a private owner and will be carrying my own goods.

1. Can I get a electronic vignette machine that does all the countries I will be driving through, and how do I find it.
  2. Will I have to use the tachograph.
  3. How big of a fire extinguisher do I need.
    If there is anything else I wood need I would be grateful for your advice. Cheers nick

Fairly certain (98%) you don’t need a tacho to carry personal goods in a 7.5 tonner. But probably a good idea to make a note of your driving time etc (I presume you don’t have a tacho card).

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … erogations#exemptions-and-derogations

Some excerpts:
There are a number of specific exemptions and national derogations from the EU rules. Exemptions apply regardless of where the vehicle is driven within the EU; whilst national derogations only apply on journeys wholly within the UK. The following information lists the exemptions and national derogations and provides advice on which might apply to goods vehicles.

Exemptions…
Vehicles or combinations of vehicles with a maximum permissible mass not exceeding 7.5 tonnes used for the non-commercial carriage of goods
This would include the non-commercial carriage of any goods, such as a person driving a vehicle for their own personal use, for example, to move house or to transport goods as part of a leisure pursuit (for example, horses, rally cars or bikes).

Non-commercial carriage is defined as any carriage by road, other than carriage for hire or reward or on own account, for which no direct or indirect remuneration is received and which does not directly or indirectly generate any income for the driver of the vehicle or for others and which is not linked to professional or commercial activity.

Personally, I would be tempted to keep a card in and follow all the EU rules anyway.
In case of an accident you can prove you werent driving excessively long hours etc. But it seems it isnt compulsory.