Fines for illegal immigrants to rise

trans.info/en/clandestine-entrants-uk-321791

The Home Office has apparently pointed the blame at truck drivers for the number of clandestine entrants via lorry to the UK, accusing drivers of “not taking the steps required to secure vehicles". In addition, as confirmed by Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick, the fine for bringing clandestine entrants into the UK will soon increase from £2,000 to £10,000 per migrant.

“Last year at least 4,000 migrants attempted to enter the UK in HGVs. We’re increasing the fine for bringing stowaways into the country from £2k to £10k per migrant. The penalties hadn’t changed for 20 years. We’re restoring deterrence to the system,” Robert Jenrick tweeted this morning.

Is it only me sitting here open mouthed at the hypocrisy ?

IMO the Government are bringing them in for their wef pals,they could have stopped this years ago, we all know why it has not been stopped, cheap workers uber, deliveroo heavier rents lower wages etc etc .

I am not shocked that they want to blame us for this nonsense, incidentally has anyone ever been fined on here for this ?

Gidders:
Is it only me sitting here open mouthed at the hypocrisy ?

You are not alone and I cannot understand how any truck driver could ever vote Tory not to mind this particularly despicable shower.

Yes, my company have had big fines in the past and equipment impounded for months but using the official Security Checklist and demonstrating common sense can help your defence. assets.publishing.service.gov.u … _Print.pdf

Euroliner trailers are always a nightmare but we have had them even break into fridges.

One driver spotted a hand in the mirror sticking out of a Euroliner one day on the M25.

Pulled into services to check and a bunch of them jumped out and ran.

Cops called and they were really keen to know how many was there and continually asking could there be more that 4. Eventually driver agreed could have been possibly 6 but he was surprised not to be asked much about their looks or which direction they legged it in.

A few weeks later a 12 grand fine was issued. Boss then realised they were really keen on a maximising the number so as to increase the fine and nothing else.

Now our policy if we suspect we have any on board is to pull up in a quiet or dark place, let them out and go to base to have trailer and load cleaned. There are almost no circumstances under which we would call the cops.

Imagine having the door or windows of your house busted and these illegals spending time in your home soiling your property. You call the police and their only interest is finding out how many intruders were there?

There was 6 of them officer………and as he writes out a 12K fine you say No, actually there was 10 of them……OK, let’s just change that fine to 20K…….hehehehe…Have a nice day…….and you don’t even get a crime report number for the insurance because you are the crook.

Homeowners wouldn’t accept that abuse for one moment.

Next month that will be £120,000 and £200,000 fine. What average size haulage company can afford that extortion?

Those Eton boys really know how to solve problems. “We are tough on crime” the useless maggots pronounce.

I think we were lucky. We had some on the back. Truthfully I dithered about telling the drivers to find somewhere quiet, in the end told the drivers to go to Clackett Lane and I called the police.

Out popped 18 of the ******s. In fairness the coppers were no trouble. We had done everything we could and we ended up not being fined. However, I think whether you are fined or not is quite arbitrary. Unless there is sid proof of driver involvement, then there shouldn’t be a fine.

How about they give us someone for all the times we’ve stopped them coming in.

I can’t believe some of these comments !!!

posted by Owen:

" accusing drivers of “not taking the steps required to secure vehicles". "
“ Last year at least 4,000 migrants attempted to enter the UK in HGVs. "

This has been going on for years !!

We have, as drivers, always been advised , ney TOLD ,

"BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU PARK "

SEAL, PADLOCK "

DON’T PARK UP ANYWHERE EN ROUTE TO THE PORT/SHUTTLE !

France has shut a whole load of parking areas en route to the ports,
as all of you that use the routes will know,
and stopped overnight parking in motorway services for HGV’s, even as far back as Le Mans.

Now, I would say that this new fine is in fact a good thing,
but, BUT , won’t affect any UK or even close proximity Euro drivers
( French, Belg, Dutch, German , etc ) because they , in fact , use their brains. ( well the maj )

But there are a number of unscrupulous gang/group of drivers,
most probably from the Eastern sector of Europe
who think they can raise a bit of dosh
by filling their trailer with a load of unwashed.

So , for me, A GOOD THING !!!

HuuryupandWait

“Euroliner trailers are always a nightmare but we have had them even break into fridges.”

Tautliners are ! a nightmare, very difficult to secure, i agree, even against theft of the contents.
but fridges ■■?
You secure them, safe as houses. No way the scumbags can cut through, like on a tilt

pierrot 14:
HuuryupandWait

“Euroliner trailers are always a nightmare but we have had them even break into fridges.”

Tautliners are ! a nightmare, very difficult to secure, i agree, even against theft of the contents.
but fridges ■■?
You secure them, safe as houses. No way the scumbags can cut through, like on a tilt

When we had the 18 in, it was a folding wall trailer. Fully locked. Drivers parked 75 miles south of Calais. Only the second trip out for the trailer. By one of the locks there were some scuff marks and we presume point of entry was there with the aid of a locksmith. People pay good money for a premium service.

Interestingly when they got to Eurotunnel the drivers were ready to go through the heartbeat monitor and were directed not to. Only time that’s ever happened.

We were doing hundreds of runs through the tunnel every year, heavens knows in the 20 years that they were trying to board trailers, how many we turfed off or prevented. I don’t think if someone has the cash to pay for top end service, you can stop them completely

They should give us £10 K for every load we bring back ‘stowaway’ free.
And £10 k for when we do get stowaways. At least we saved the cost of a lifeboat launch to rescue them, let alone air-sea search helicoptors, navy search vessels, etc. :unamused:

trans.info/en/em-rodgers-calls- … ine-333499

The director of well-known European haulage firm EM Rodgers has said it is the job of the Home Office and Border Force to stop migrants entering the UK, not hauliers and drivers. Speaking to BBC News, director Sarah Boyson made the comments after EM Rodgers was fined over £3,000 for unknowingly transporting 3 migrants to the Port of Calais.

In the case of EM Rodgers, the company managed to get its fine reduced to £2,400. The £1,200 fine for the driver was also waived.
Speaking to BBC News about the situation, Boyson said:
“Border Force, the Home Office – it’s their full time job to stop migrants coming in yet us, as a transport company and individual drivers, are expected to stop the migrants when all these major authorities and government departments can’t stop them – that’s crazy.”