International Cooperation

Does anyone know if the governments of France and Spain have an agreement to exchange driver details for such matters as speed cameras ?
I was driving up in my car yesterday and got flashed and am curious as to whether I’ll get a letter with a French postmark on it soon.
I didn’t know,but do know now,that the road from Vendome up to Chartres only has an 80kph/50mph limit.
0400 on a saturday morning,too. Embarrassing.

No. Little Brexit Bonus for you. UK no longer exchanges drivers details to or from Europe.

autoexpress.co.uk/consumer- … due-brexit

He wasn’t asking about the UK, he resides in Spain and was asking if the French and Spanish Co operated with each other.

Thanks for the replies. I should have explained that my car has a Spanish registration but I have a British licence.If there is cooperation the Spanish authorities will give my Spanish address to the French authorities to forward any request for fines there.Within Spain,non payment of a fine results in a block on retaxing your car until it is paid.

I don’t know about Spanish and French cooperation.

I do know that the British authorities cooperate with the Dutch.
I’ve had a speeding fine from Holland, for 87km on a motorway, 80km being the HGV limit.
This was well after Brexit.
Luckily it’s a fine only, in Holland. No points on my British licence.

pocketgpsworld.com/modules. … e&sid=3191

This say’s that Spanish cars caught speeding in France will be fined. I think you have a certain amount of time to pay before it increases.
For your info, 57 kms in a 50 - became 52 kms after tolerance, cost 90 e and then 135e and then rose after that. Depends on your excess over 80 kms.
They don’t do castration anymore.

Thanks for the info,Owen.First fine in France in a little over 50 years on its way to my letterbox.I’m embarrassed.Should not have let my concentration slip.It will have to be paid because in Spain when a fine is unpaid your car registration is blocked when you try to retax it each year.Fines can even be charged against your house deeds and be recovered when the house is sold.

At least it’s only a fine and no point’s deduction.

Very easy to do, especially there. How fast were you going ?

I got caught in a set of roadworks doing 57, re calculated to 52 . Local oiks had removed the 50 kms signs.
90 e, 1 point lost. rising to 135e if challenged and rising after 4 weeks i think but not sure. Hopefully you have some one checking the post in Alicante. I am not busy and could pop down … for a few months…

The road between Vendome and Chartres used to the main road but is now 80k for a long way.There is an 80k sign near Monnaix but I don’t recall any reminders.In a car it’s easy to forget and in top gear speed can creep up imperceptibly but I don’t go more than 90k anyway.I was in no rush and reached Dieppe at 06.45 for the 12.00 ferry.I must have been around the 86 - 88k mark.It’s a bummer but too late now.
I have a keyholder who can check my post box until next I visit.

It’s a problem when different departments have an 80 or 90 limit on the same road and very easily done at night, with irregular signs.

www.radars-auto.com has all the details of cameras. I know the N10 is a super road. Lots of people saying there are no signs and can they contest etc. Especially one of the not regular grey dustbin kind of radar.
Maybe you will just have to put it down to experience, pay up and move slowly on. I don’t imagine you are going to bin it, as that has all kinds of repercussions in both countries.
Keep us posted speedy Gonzales.

Thanks,Owen.I’ll grin,bear it and pay up.Can’t be bothered with the potential repercussions.
Sometime in the future I’ll post the details and the location for everyone’s amusement.