Moved to Bulgaria ... Still employable?

OwenMoney:

Simon:

OwenMoney:
An employer in another EU country would have to prove that a national of that country could not be found for the vacancy, and a work visa would have to be got.

Things are not that easy for British to work in Europe…now.
Stupid Brexit

Really ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
For British to work in the EU, a Work Visa is fair enough. We’re no longer EU.
That a citizen of an EU country needs a Work Visa to work in another EU country is a surprise. That is what I thought was a major plus of being IN the EU, no need for Work Visa’s.
But the employer having to prove that a national of that country couldn’t be found for the vacancy. That’s **shocking**.[/u]
[/quote]
The O/P is a British passport holder with Bulgarian residency. He can work in Bulgaria or UK.
My son, with a British passport and French residency, works in Austria and had to get a visa from the Austrian embassy in Munich - outside Austria before being allowed to start. A three week turn around for a visa, so two long trips for him.
I work for the French part of a big Spanish group. I cannot move to work for the same group in Italy or Spain without the company proving there are no nationals or EU citizens available before employing a third world national. I can work for another French company in France.
That’s the fact of Stupid Brexit Simon.
[/quote]
Ah! OK! Got you now.