Cherbourg to lagos portugal

hi guys i havent done euro for 20 years ,ihave a artic job to lagos can anyone help me with toll pricing best route etc

I can help down to Irun, but not beyond. Guess you are OK to use some peage, but don`t want to spend un-necessarily? No hazardous or overheight etc?

Lots of weight limits over past 20yrs, some are avoidable without cost, some less so without burning tons of fuel and wasting hours of time.

Cherbourg to Nantes is all free. Lots of new roads in past 20 years. basically just follow the truck signs out of port (not through the town!) from La Glaciere at top of Cherbourg hill it`s dual all the way to Nantes. Be aware that the section Rennes to Nantes is expressway not autoroute so although most drive at 90, the truck limit is 80, and there are fixed and sometimes mobile cameras. Check Km bournes in centre reserve to see of you are on autoroute “A 84” so 90kph, anything else is 80kph or less if signed.

From Nantes you could use peage all the way to Bordeaux. Or…
Nantes>Cholet>Bressuire>Niort.

Peage around Niort almost unavaoidable.

Niort peage to Bx. (that is my choice)

Or…
Niort>Melle>across to N10 and down to Bx.
Note: the N10 is dual but has 80kph limit, mostly no-overtaking, bad tempered trucks tailgating etc. Heavily policed.

The N137 which was OK back in the day is usable is some sections, but weight limited in others. Dodging on and off is possible. You can legally use it for access to Routiers. Hooray :smiley:

South of BX there are newer roads, lots of no over-taking sections, and lots of weight limits keeping you on the A64. Don`t ■■■■ about here, just use the signed routes, and pay when you must.

Fewer Routiers than before, but still enough good uns around. “Truckfly” app works well.
Edit
84 euro Nantes to Bx
public-content.vinci-autoroutes … 022_vf.pdf

Thank you for the reply and that information is very useful and exactly what I am looking for , no problem with paying tolls it’s just that long since I have done it I was needing info on costs etc so basically all the way down to Bordeaux is costing 84 euro
Std euro liner on 6 axels only about 30ton