7.5t private in Europe

OK, I’m getting a 7.5t truck, as a race truck for hols.
Plan is to mooch around UK and Europe a bit, camp in the truck, go to a few shows and races, take the motorbikes, see friends etc,.
Will probably meet up with friends (MC racers) at race tracks etc, and do a bit of unpaid spannering etc,.

I have a C1 licence, so I’m good there.
Might get the C1+E if I feel like it - we will see.

My understanding is this:-
I’m not doing hire or reward - so I don’t need the new international licence and all the red tape that it entails.
Long term, I’m hoping that the truck will actually be registered as a camper - I’ve done a few conversions in the past - but never a 7.5t

Is there a place I can find out anything else I need?
(Linked to the fact I’m now in a 7.5t rather than a normal car/caravan or camper van?)

France, Spain and Portugal are my first goals this year, and I don’t see any problems from my research.
I’ve read that Germany has special registration requirements for tolls, and another country I cant remember.
Is there a place I can find all this out?

I’ve been looking, but I immediately end up in “HGV” territory and all that this entails, and it’s not clear.

Any advice welcome.

Ta,

Mike.

V much doubt you will get it reg as a camper, rules have changed, private hgv most likely.

France would save you on peage if sub 3m height, more places to park at night too if sub 3. 3m

Mont blanc tunnel etc v much cheaper to be a class 2 at sub 3m

Italy on axles so no biggie, German is currently over 7.5t for tolls at present (might go 3.5t at some point) so no probs either, Austria & Switzerland & Czech are over 3.5t for larger tolls & a toll box is just a cheap vignette under, toll box for Belgium over 3.5t too, no vignette for under.

Cant help with Portugal, Spain I can’t remember.

Is a site with all the euro info needed info for hgv, can’t remember it now quick Google should find it

Don’t mean to be picky and your trips sound great but you know it’s not for hire or reward but do the foreign men in blue because, if it looks like a typical 7.5t with ‘Engrish’ registration and you are doing a lot of autobahn, autostrada, autoroute or any other foreign motorway driving then they often like to pull you and look for the EU document thing that says you have an Operators Licence and I know it sounds daft but, you can either explain it’s a Private truck to them in their languages or have it written in all those languages because many a helpful official who has just pulled you for the sake of pulling you might just not get it.

Some speak ‘Engrish’ well and others will pull you in the tunnel du Chat for being 17.5 t when in fact you are 7.5t but they don’t know the ■■■■■■ difference. So then you’ve got to show them the plate on the inside of your door frame.

Just sayin -