Rules for working with Italian HGV company

I have been offered an artic driving job in Italy. The truck will be owned and registered in Italy by an Italian firm. Most of the work is across Europe not in Italy itself and I will remain resident in the UK when not driving. Can anybody tell me what the legal requirements are in terms of visas, permits, medical, CPC and any other applications I might need to make, and more importantly where do I go to implement any recommendations?
Any help or links to websites would be massively appreciated :slight_smile:

Found this for you:-

Probably the first route to investigate

gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-italy-for-work

Golfnut63:
I have been offered an artic driving job in Italy. The truck will be owned and registered in Italy by an Italian firm. Most of the work is across Europe not in Italy itself and I will remain resident in the UK when not driving. Can anybody tell me what the legal requirements are in terms of visas, permits, medical, CPC and any other applications I might need to make, and more importantly where do I go to implement any recommendations?

Visa, work permit, are down to Italian regulations I think. Not EU ones. The Italian regs will conform to certain EU standards, but each EU country makes it`s own particular rules, within guidelines.

So long as you a UK resident, you can keep your UK driving licence.
The DCPC is linked to that. I don`t know whether Italy still recognises the UK version for Italian workers, but it certainly does for a UK licenced driver, in a UK truck.

Income tax is normally the country you are living in.
National insurance and health insurance are partly worker, partly employer, and are different in all countries.
Pensions ? I`ve no idea.

You any good at admin work? You`ll need to be!
Good luck.

Start here.
gov.uk/guidance/living-in-italy

ED
Written as Pierrot was doing similar. We do agree to start with .gov sites.

Franglais:

Golfnut63:

Really appreciate your feedback thank you. I’ll get someone else to do the admin, I’ll stick to the driving!!

Visa, work permit, are down to Italian regulations I think. Not EU ones. The Italian regs will conform to certain EU standards, but each EU country makes it`s own particular rules, within guidelines.

So long as you a UK resident, you can keep your UK driving licence.
The DCPC is linked to that. I don`t know whether Italy still recognises the UK version for Italian workers, but it certainly does for a UK licenced driver, in a UK truck.

Income tax is normally the country you are living in.
National insurance and health insurance are partly worker, partly employer, and are different in all countries.
Pensions ? I`ve no idea.

You any good at admin work? You`ll need to be!
Good luck.

Start here.
gov.uk/guidance/living-in-italy

ED
Written as Pierrot was doing similar. We do agree to start with .gov sites.

pierrot 14:
Found this for you:-

Probably the first route to investigate

gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-italy-for-work

Nice one, thank you