Albania

Ive got a run from Albania next week and just wondered what if anything I need for crossing the border from Greece to Albania, I’ll be empty crossing from Greece, aiming to cross at Kakavie and picking up then from Teplena to return home. All my customs for the return are sorted, its just what docs if any I would need for the boarder crossing in to Albania.

Any help is much appreciated!

Apart from the usual

Cash

It still opens doors in that area of the world very easily.

Insurance Green Card, Truck Docs and Passport.

Hope the o/p is up to speed with the covid requirements in all the proposed countries ( and others)
It’s a mixed and varied complication.

GS OVERLAND:

Unless it has changed, I don’t think the insurance green card covers Albania and you have to buy some type of Mickey Muse insurance on the border.

Harry Monk:

GS OVERLAND:

Unless it has changed, I don’t think the insurance green card covers Albania and you have to buy some type of Mickey Muse insurance on the border.

That’s Serbia and Kosovo not Albania

GS OVERLAND:

As Gavin said all of that and make sure everything is in order or you’ll be sitting at the border until it is and when your in be careful as it’s a dangerous place in all aspects

Concretejim:
Apart from the usual

Cash

It still opens doors in that area of the world very easily.

Yyyyep, that is true! :open_mouth:

8 legger:
Ive got a run from Albania next week and just wondered what if anything I need for crossing the border from Greece to Albania, I’ll be empty crossing from Greece, aiming to cross at Kakavie and picking up then from Teplena to return home. All my customs for the return are sorted, its just what docs if any I would need for the boarder crossing in to Albania.

Any help is much appreciated!

How was the trip . . . any pics?

robthedog:

Harry Monk:

GS OVERLAND:

That’s Serbia and Kosovo not Albania

I know about Serbia, I went there in a truck in the 1990s and had to buy insurance on the border but when I was running my own truck I was offered a trip to Albania but it wasn’t covered on my Green Card and when I phoned Towergate to ask if it could be added, they said no.