Macron Electioneering?

This may be of little interest to most forum contributors but the French government has just announced that Brits may no longer transit France to travel,as i do,to my home in Spain,unless they are a French citizen.Apart from anything else this will take a chunk of revenue from the likes of Brittany Ferries.Is this Macron posturing to impress his citizens and potential voters by being beastly to the traditional enemy or will somebody more balanced advise him what he can and cannot do ?

The French government announced on Thursday that is has temporarily lifted its ban on UK nationals travelling through France to return to their homes in the EU, to avoid large numbers of Brits being stranded in the UK after the Christmas holidays.
feeds.thelocal.com/app/android/ … ing-in-eu#

Thanks for your input.Eurotunnel announced at 13.02 hrs.on Dec.30th. that Brits were not allowed transit through France.Further announcement was made by the French government a few hours later to allow a change to regs.as described by Owen Money.
I suppose for the coming weeks it has to be watch this space for further changes.

Depends where you are now Gidders.
If you are in the unicorn kingdom and that is where you are resident you are unlikely to be allowed to transit France as I read it.
If you are in Spain as a resident,are you likely to be allowed to transit France to go to the UK ?
The latest unclear info seems only to relate to eu residents and UK citizens, with eu residency permits who were in the UK for Xmas and transiting France will only be allowed to return to their place of residency in the eu.
Residents of France have a long list of paperwork to do now and there is a period of quarantine too.
Hopefully you are in sunny Alicante sitting on the terrace.
Via Euronews: COVID: British EU residents told they can drive home via France after day of confusion
euronews.com/2021/12/30/cov … e-through-

Thanks again for the info.I check on different government sources to find out the latest news.
Unfortunately my quick nip back to the UK for christmas and the New Year means I am stuck in tropical West Yorkshire where the temp has rocketed up to 9C.We do though have a beach,sort of,at a nearby water park.On top of that I caught one of our pot holes and need a new tyre and retracking;just a couple of hours ago my gear selector cable snapped and my car is stuck in reverse.
Happy New Year everyone.

feeds.thelocal.com/app/android/ … d-the-uk/#

All change again chaps/ chappettes

Plenty of paperwork Gidders and a test

All advice welcomed.
Gear selector cable still on the way and will be here "when it’s here."Nobody knows when.
Considering flying to Spain and driving back in my Spanish car.Flight out quoted at £23 basic.