EU Roaming Charges (Mobile Phone Data)

Hello,

I’m struggling to find a provider who is willing to cover large data usage abroad. I’ve sat my magical christmas period in France, peacefully watching the latest drama netflix to be rudely interrupted as all of my EU roaming data has been used up, even though I have unlimited at home.

Does anyone know of any EU-FRIENDLY mobile carriers where I can continue to watch streams without having to continually fork out 30£/week in out-of-fair-use data rates?

Cheers

Thought of getting an EU sim card? Free roaming by law throughout all EU countries of course.
Easier said than done as they may (or may not) accept an UK address now.
Lebara (France not UK) did a good pre-paid sim only deal once upon a time, more recently I don`t know.
That is where I would start looking, anyway.

If you have a French address i would suggest RegloMobile, which is operated by the Leclerc supermarket chain.

Perhaps you could use a vpn, you can have a virtual prescence in most countries.

God on wheels:
Perhaps you could use a vpn, you can have a virtual prescence in most countries.

How would that help? You can’t pretend that you’re in the UK when you’re not.

stu675:

God on wheels:

Well i think you’ll find that’s just the point, you can, virtually select a country & quite legally stream as if you were there.
I stand to be corrected if I’m wrong, but thats how i understand it.

God on wheels:

stu675:

God on wheels:

Well i think you’ll find that’s just the point, you can, virtually select a country & quite legally stream as if you were there.

A VPN will let you show an ip address based in a country of your choice but surely your network provider will still know which country the phone is in and so still limit the amount of roaming data.

My knowledge on this stuff is limited but my understanding is that the network provider can trace where the signal is coming from right down to the nearest antenna and a VPN won’t change that.

A VPN will fool a streaming service provider but I doubt there’s any way to fool your network provider.

tachograph:

God on wheels:

stu675:

God on wheels:

A VPN will let you show an ip address based in a country of your choice but surely your network provider will still know which country the phone is in and so still limit the amount of roaming data.

My knowledge on this stuff is limited but my understanding is that the network provider can trace where the signal is coming from right down to the nearest antenna and a VPN won’t change that.

A VPN will fool a streaming service provider but I doubt there’s any way to fool your network provider.

Exactly that.

OwenMoney:
If you have a French address i would suggest RegloMobile, which is operated by the Leclerc supermarket chain.

They aren’t any better unfortunately. Less data for more money!

Jamie MP:

OwenMoney:

Well you surprise me . I get 60 Go, calls, texts, sms ,mms unlimited for 9.95 euros. I never use more than 20 go data in a month. Looking at their site the most expensive deal costs 23.95 for the same as above but with 130 Go.

OwenMoney:

Jamie MP:

OwenMoney:

Well you surprise me . I get 60 Go, calls, texts, sms ,mms unlimited for 9.95 euros. I never use more than 20 go data in a month. Looking at their site the most expensive deal costs 23.95 for the same as above but with 130 Go.

They were only offering 8Gb for other countries, which doesn’t help when I’m in benelux/germany/further afield. Seems like a problem I can’t easily solve unfortunately

I think there slowly bringing it all back. Especially as there’s only a few providers these days once you get past the name.

Concretejim:
I think there slowly bringing it all back. Especially as there’s only a few providers these days once you get past the name.

Brexit Bonus! (not for we consumers though)

Yes, other UK operators are re-introducing roaming charges over the next months.
bbc.com/news/technology-59881892

Try this.12GB in EU anyway for 8 pound.Simply buy some 3-4 sim card and exchange every week.smarty.co.uk/

news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin … 20the%20UK.