Vans EU Documents

Seems new rules for light vans and trailers, going into EU needed from May 2022.
You’ll need to apply for a Permit and have proper Transport Manager, as well.

theguardian.com/politics/20 … -eu-brexit

Lots of complaints about how the changes will impact van operators, but from our point of view it levels the playing field a little in respect of van operators competing with medium-sized goods vehicles (7.5T)

I thought I had read that it was being dropped to 2.5t ? so “light” vans not covered.
Wonder if it will reduce the number of EE 3.5t curtain siders that I have seen in pretty well every location in europe ?

manski:
I thought I had read that it was being dropped to 2.5t ? so “light” vans not covered.
Wonder if it will reduce the number of EE 3.5t curtain siders that I have seen in pretty well every location in europe ?

“Light” was used by me.
Maybe that was a bad choice of wording.
Seems to be, as you say, 2.5T to 3.5t that will now be affected.

Under 2.5T is Astra or Berlingo territory?
A Dispatch is too heavy at 2.6T, as is the smallest Transit, and a Ford Ranger is plated over 2.5T too.
Happy to be corrected. :smiley:

Franglais:

manski:

“Light” was used by me.
Maybe that was a bad choice of wording.
Seems to be, as you say, 2.5T to 3.5t that will now be affected.

Under 2.5T is Astra or Berlingo territory?
A Dispatch is too heavy at 2.6T, as is the smallest Transit, and a Ford Ranger is plated over 2.5T too.
Happy to be corrected. :smiley:

No, think you are right. I think my estate car is 2.3t gvw :slight_smile:

This topic is also being discussed here:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … &p=2802916