Tacograph - end of day

Greetings, I’m añ Ex UK driver currently in the Canary Islands. I’ve been informed by my boss that I’ve is illegal to do an end of day printout from a digital tacograph. I may be wrong but when they introduced the digital machines I was told that you had to end your day when you ejected your drivers card. Depending on the unit installed in the vehicle you possibly had a printout produced. I’ve not heard this before but apparently the rozzers will issue a large fine if they find you doing this. Has anyone come across this before? I always remember my ever growing diary as the year went by in the Uk due to thf number of printouts I used to put in it.

Jcapirote:
Greetings, I’m añ Ex UK driver currently in the Canary Islands. I’ve been informed by my boss that I’ve is illegal to do an end of day printout from a digital tacograph. I may be wrong but when they introduced the digital machines I was told that you had to end your day when you ejected your drivers card. Depending on the unit installed in the vehicle you possibly had a printout produced. I’ve not heard this before but apparently the rozzers will issue a large fine if they find you doing this. Has anyone come across this before? I always remember my ever growing diary as the year went by in the Uk due to thf number of printouts I used to put in it.

I would question the boss’s information, why would it be illegal to use a factory installed option, that is like saying it is illegal to use the night heater during the day.

The only thing that “The Rozzers” could do you for is if you could not produce a printout because you had used / wasted all the paper yesterday. Maybe your boss is just trying to save some money for your Christmas bonus, but don’t blame it on the law or the rozzers.

As the driver of the vehicle, it is your responsibility to ensure
that there is always a spare print roll available. During a
side-of-the-road Vehicle and Driver check, a VOSA Traffic Examiner may ask you to
show that you have a spare print roll in the cab. I f you cannot provide a printout on
request, then you are liable to a £60.00 fixed penalty at the roadside

Wheel Nut’s covered it all I reckon.
Printing off the days work is entirely optional.
Not illegal, nor compulsory.
If you find it an easy way to keep your own records then keep on doing it, but buy your own paper, so you get the boss off your back.

Must admit I am sort of surprised there are tacho regs in the Canary Islands ? Genuine question, just interested.

manski:
Must admit I am sort of surprised there are tacho regs in the Canary Islands ? Genuine question, just interested.

I think I can see your reasoning that in the UK small islands <2,300.sq.km. would be tacho exempt and under UK domestic rules.

Does that apply in other Eu countries? Or is that just UK law? I don`t know.
Why not have tacho rules on islands after all?

Franglais:

manski:

I think I can see your reasoning that in the UK small islands <2,300.sq.km. would be tacho exempt and under UK domestic rules.

Does that apply in other Eu countries? Or is that just UK law? I don`t know.
Why not have tacho rules on islands after all?

Was thinking of Jersey really, don’t think they have them there ?
Canaries are in a similar legal status to Spain as Jersey is to UK so just sort of made the connection.
Some of the Scottish islands are exempt still ?

You are probably right, working and driving 19 hours a day around Jersey is probably just as likely to end in an accident as anywhere.

Some of the Scottish islands are exempt still ?

Not just Scotland
Vehicles operated exclusively on islands not exceeding 2,300 square kilometres in area which are not linked to the rest of Great Britain by a bridge, ford or tunnel open for use by a motor vehicle.

Jersey is exceptional in many ways.
2.35m max width, 9m rigid, 11m artic, lengths, etc etc. Except with permits, then only some roads, then police ■■■■■■ on other roads.

From 2019: MoT type vehicle tests!
jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2019 … -vehicles/
A relative of mine worked there for a year or two, she bought an island registered car, and when she came to the UK mainland for a couple of weeks it was cheaper to bring her car over than hire one…jeez…!