Spain to UK

Just returned home from my Spanish pied a terre.In 3 months I never saw a single UK (GB) truck.I only saw 3 in France on the way back up to the tunnel.I suppose it reflects how little EU work now done by Brits.Apparently a new rail service started last week transporting freight from Alicante to Barking.It is a 4 day round trip departing each Thursday so it is said.
In the past I have enjoyed my journeys through France but the 80 kph speed limit can be a ballache so I may have to renounce my Yorkshire credentials and shell out for some motorway tolls here and there.Is traffic level in France approaching British level or did I just have a bad day?

Gidders:
Just returned home from my Spanish pied a terre.In 3 months I never saw a single UK (GB) truck.I only saw 3 in France on the way back up to the tunnel.I suppose it reflects how little EU work now done by Brits.Apparently a new rail service started last week transporting freight from Alicante to Barking.It is a 4 day round trip departing each Thursday so it is said.
In the past I have enjoyed my journeys through France but the 80 kph speed limit can be a ballache so I may have to renounce my Yorkshire credentials and shell out for some motorway tolls here and there.Is traffic level in France approaching British level or did I just have a bad day?

I’m still driving France but there are fewer UK trucks about. We’re still importing the same amount but taking less goods out. The rates for that must be OK as the boss isn’t too glum. Customers in the UK will be forking out a few quid extra for us running over empty.
Traffic levels are up above pre pandemic levels I reckon. Paris is as bad as ever. The big cities, Lyon, Bordeaux, Nantes, Lille are regularly painful now. Marseille is…Marseille!

I used the Bordeaux Ring Road which,as usual was congested,but the matrix sign which indicates time to,for example,the A10 Paris exit is remarkably accurate and is better than sitting in a UK queue for an unknown time.It’s probably psychological but it seems to help.