Barcelona Freight Ferry

Hello, I’m currently en route to Barcelona to catch a ferry to Palms de Mallorca. I’m driving a 38 tonne artic 16.5m long and my truck sat nav can’t find a way into the dock without weight restrictions. Is there a well signposted route in? Thanks.

What time do you arrive? aka bump this thread.

My ferry is at 2300 tonight and I’m currently about 3 hours away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be approaching from the A9 from Perpignan.

It is many years since I`ve gone to the ferry port at Barca, so listen to anyone else who has been recently, but I would ignore the satnav and look for signs.
A9, Badalona, and down the Litoral.
Almost certainly the weight limits will be except for access, and no way would I try to dodge the signs and go through the town.
Confident smile, and just keep going… :smiley:

Dont worry too much, weight limits arent capital offences.

Don’t you pass the freight terminal on your way to Zona Franca? Or am I miss remembering?

the maoster:
Don’t you pass the freight terminal on your way to Zona Franca? Or am I miss remembering?

Youre talking when we still did T2s? Old ■■■■!

I can remember running along the Litoral past the beaches and Olympic hotels, but the last time I was there, it had numerous weight limits? I think you`re meant to go around the belt road and approach the Zona Franca from the south now?

The ferry port is more north than south, so if no satnav route, Id simply start going in until I felt it might soon go belly up. Big roads with lots of roundabouts, so not as if its a village with overhanging balconies etc.

Thanks for all the replies gents!!!

I’m here now, I followed my satnav, the route was fairly well signposted. It brought me south of Barcelona on the AP7 then back in on the litoral [emoji106] I did pass the freight terminal and my satnav did start smoking [emoji23]
We’ll remembered chaps and thanks again. I’m sure I’ll be back on soon for more advice from the gurus [emoji106][emoji106][emoji23]

GarethLlewellyn:
Thanks for all the replies gents!!!

I’m here now, I followed my satnav, the route was fairly well signposted. It brought me south of Barcelona on the AP7 then back in on the litoral [emoji106] I did pass the freight terminal and my satnav did start smoking [emoji23]
We’ll remembered chaps and thanks again. I’m sure I’ll be back on soon for more advice from the gurus [emoji106][emoji106][emoji23]

Good luck with the loading later on!
[emoji3]

Thanks for the warning @Franglais!!!

It was hilarious [emoji23]

I’m glad I’d had a chance to have a couple of beers before I boarded [emoji106]

So how did it go, any pics ?

It was ok tbh……… the boat was sh*t and the food was worse…… oh and I had to share a cabin [emoji849]

But it’s not the worst experience of my life [emoji106][emoji4]

I caught the day boat to Valencia heading back and that was similarly sh*t [emoji23]

I only got one pic from the back of the boat when I was drinking more beer and watching them finish loading………