A sad sight (and site) Chez Jo, RN1 Hautvilliers-Ouville

RN1 Hautvilliers-Ouville, Somme, 80132, Fr.

courrier-picard.fr/art/8286 … e-continue

It closed down several years ago, probably about 5 years ago after the original owners sold it.

I know, but I thought I would “Google past”, to see if it had opened up again… Still derelict, google maps says that image is from June of this year.

COVID hasn’t been a friend to restaurants.

This histoire goes back long before Covid!
courrier-picard.fr/art/regi … 4b0n873263

courrier-picard.fr/art/8286 … e-continue

Franglais:
COVID hasn’t been a friend to restaurants.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

At least you didn’t , for once, blame it on Brexit :unamused: :unamused:
F-all to do with the pandemic !!
It’s been closed for at least 10 years.
The original owner, JO, died from cancer and his daughter took the reins,
she and her brother decided to sell it to a new owner.
The new patronne was doing well until a new mayor was elected, who decided to make the lorry park oposite the restaurant
PEOPLE FRIENDLY
he installed a zebra crossing, blocked off the perimiter of the truck park along the road,making it really hard for lorries to enter/exit the parking area
google.fr/maps/@50.1720498, … 384!8i8192
The new owner complained , stating that this would impede her business as a restaurant routier, his reply “” DEAL WITH IT “” I’m the mayor

She still owns it, can’t sell it and probably wants to take a hit on the mayor :slight_smile:

May I add, I have spent many a good night , along with loads of Brit, Dutch, French and Belgian drivers in that restaurant,
Friday night was the speciality, Jo would cook steaks, pork chops over an open fire at the end of the restaurant

Toujours dans mes memoires Jo
Always in my memories Jo

Me too Pierrot. (wasn’t it Thursday, barbecue night?) Always friendy, kind and good value… It was a terrible shock when I pulled in and was told that Jo had died, I had only been there a few weeks before.

David Spardo said the two recklings went to work in Abbeville until the smallest, Mr Mad retired. They had been hidden away in the kitchen area when the new owners took over and the new waitress was abysmal.

When I was a smoker I used to get my supplies of Gold Leaf cigarettes from there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
David Spardo said the two recklings went to work in Abbeville until the smallest, Mr Mad retired. They had been hidden away in the kitchen area when the new owners took over and the new waitress was abysmal.

When I was a smoker I used to get my supplies of Gold Leaf cigarettes from there. :stuck_out_tongue:

They did go to work in the resto at Abbeville, a few years back pulled in to eat there and even after so many years,
the waiter that used to work at Chez Jo , recognised me.
Had a good chat about the old times, when his shift had finished.
The story behind them being emoloyed by Jo goes back a long way and is quite touching.
They were both orphans and Jo and his wife took them in, housed and employed them.

wakou:
Me too Pierrot. (wasn’t it Thursday, barbecue night?) Always friendy, kind and good value… It was a terrible shock when I pulled in and was told that Jo had died, I had only been there a few weeks before.

Sure it was Friday wakou.
What was the name of the woman behind the bar ?
Suzette or something? Always friendly andhaving a joke with the drivers :smiley: :smiley:

pierrot 14:

Wheel Nut:

They did go to work in the resto at Abbeville, a few years back pulled in to eat there and even after so many years,
the waiter that used to work at Chez Jo , recognised me.
Had a good chat about the old times, when his shift had finished.
The story behind them being emoloyed by Jo goes back a long way and is quite touching.
They were both orphans and Jo and his wife took them in, housed and employed them.

There is an alternative story that said Jo was spreading his wild oats around the village and one of the babies was left on the doorstep in a basket. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
There is an alternative story that said Jo was spreading his wild oats around the village and one of the babies was left on the doorstep in a basket. :stuck_out_tongue:

Surely, Pascal was at least twenty years older than Jo!

If you google turn the corner it shows how it was before the mayor put the works in.
(oh how do you insert a google map image??)

msgyorkie:

If you google turn the corner it shows how it was before the mayor put the works in.

OT…
But I use a wee app (on PC) called “Postimage”.
replaces the prtscr function…
You can save, edit, email, and print screen-shots or areas of the screen directly after selection…
AND… (best of all) upload and get an instant tag to paste in a forum or facebook etc… And Bingo!

Like this: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

msgyorkie:

I just tried it! And yes! There is an old pic, somehow overlooked by google and left in there! Do you mean this image?

Yes thats the one. Im not very good with this new fangle technology! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yours for 91800 euros , pretty tempting

tonyj105:
yours for 91800 euros , pretty tempting

I enjoy being the customer in a Routiers Retso. Cant see me being much good as Le Patron. And no tacho limiting the boss`s hours in hospitality work.