Parking Madrid

Anybody no off any safe truck parking near Madrid tks

Merca Madrid.
Calle 9’7 28053 Madrid.
Not been down there for a while so guess Fred’s at Coslada has gone now.

0CF98456-D644-4607-843B-7F61316AA704.jpg

Cheers

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Merca Madrid.
Calle 9’7 28053 Madrid.
Not been down there for a while so guess Fred’s at Coslada has gone now.

Parking stop, calle de tauro, about 1.5 kilomètres from madrid airport (&metro into city), guarded lorry park, ridiculously cheap rates, I often leave a vehicle there weeks at a time & fly back.

Used to be great at Freds in Coslada, secure parking with guards Great food and and conversation.
Miss those days.

frenchflyer:
Used to be great at Freds in Coslada, secure parking with guards Great food and and conversation.
Miss those days.

YEP, Happy days / nights spent there.

Bit like the thread on Chez Jo, on the old N1 near Abbeville,
lots of the good ones are no longer to be seen.

N6 between Chalons and Tournus, used to be loads of restaurants, only 2 left and one of those only opens lunchtime.
Norbert et Jacqueline’s is a real sorry state. went past there some months ago.

Just to add on what I said about N & J’s on the N6

google.fr/maps/@46.682549,4 … 384!8i8192

google.fr/maps/@46.6821998, … 384!8i8192

The Matador restaurant has a whole street of lorry parking outside at Avenue de La Industria 10 post code ; 28820 Coslada Madrid all the Portuguese French and Italian drivers love this place

Good point there grump , as Mr Fred had several establishments over the years whereby his first one was the dustbowl parking close to the residential area then the place with the security men with guns and his other joint way out of town on the N1 North of Madrid high up out of the way on a hill .
To date I think he is still trading in a ground floor cafe / restaurant in a tower block in the Coslada centre .

I recall Fred’s place on a dustbowl near the residencial area.If you took your tractor unit down there to save your legs and it rained,that dust turned into a greasy sludge which did nothing for traction.I was having a doze in my truck there once when a local scrote broke the back window and shoved his arm in trying to gain access.Unfortunately for him I grabbed his arm and rubbed it up and down on the broken glass.He fled,screaming something in Spanish!

And let’s not forget Fred’s famous vouchers for his house of good repute he owned for the evening entertainment!
A lot of cab break in’s was done by the local gypsy lads and every so often the authorities would bulldoze their temporary shelters then the camp would be set up somewhere else .At least Coslada has decent public transport links to the city centre.