Schengen 90/180 days rule

Has anyone run into problems with this rule yet?

Not so far not getting the passport stamped on all entry or exits depending on the time of day and how keen the French police are according to the French I spent the whole of Auguest in the EU when in reality it was only 10 days

I was also wondering how you guys got on with this.
I travel to France fairly regularly by car and plane. Airport you are stamped in and out regimentally. Went through the tunnel last week and was stamped on way out but on return on Friday night tunnel was chaos, due to a train breakdown it said so there was a massive backlog but at 11-00pm there was not a single official at the French posts so no passport stamping, or even looking at. I now I have a 27/10 entry stamp but no exit stamp. Heard some stuff about people being denied entry to Spain in similar circumstances so as I will be heading out again in a few weeks am a bit concerned I may be eating into my 90/180.
Friday night would have put several thousand people in same position as myself, some of whom may be regular travellers like myself who could hit the 90/180 if they counted the time I was back here with no exit stamp.
I did ask the UK border control as they were checking me but they just said “you’ll have to ask the French” which is kind of difficult when you have just entered UK and thee is no-one there anyway. :confused:

The Independent: British woman refused entry to Spain due to Brexit passport stamp rule.

independent.co.uk/travel/ne … 48959.html

The lady ,above,was coming from Gibraltar but I suppose it’s all the same.

The Rha are telling people to ■■■■ it and see. Let us know if you encounter issues. Great help.

The french are not that interested half the time at stamping on freight which is good.

I’d say about 50/50. If it’s stamped on the way out just got to make sure you get it in the way back in.

Although the Germans get very upset when you don’t have a stamp, I politely tell them I don’t tell police how to do there job.

Does the system really rely on stamps in paper passports?
Don’t EU countries look at the details the ferry/aero companies take at booking/check in times? Passport controls at companies and borders scan the passports so it’ll all be (should be) on putor.
Not heard of any problems myself.

Last time I returned from Spain via the tunnel my passport was not stamped with proof of exit from Schengen.In fact there is no facility in Coquelles for the passport to be stamped at all.I have enquired with Eurotunnel,UK Foreign office,French Embassy and my MP but nobody knows anything.I have been advised to contact the French Border Control in Coquelles.The French Embassy advised me to keep evidence of my journeys’ times and dates in case of difficulty.According to my passport I have been in mainland Europe since September.

Franglais:
Don’t EU countries look at the details the ferry/aero companies take at booking/check in times? Passport controls at companies and borders scan the passports so it’ll all be (should be) on putor.

Don’t EU countries look at the details the ferry/aero companies take at booking/check in times? Passport controls at companies and borders scan the passports so it’ll all be (should be) on putor .

NO

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

Don’t EU countries look at the details the ferry/aero companies take at booking/check in times? Passport controls at companies and borders scan the passports so it’ll all be (should be) on putor .

NO

No?
You surprise me.
Once inside the Schengen zone there haven’t been passport controls for ages, it’s true, but entering or leaving it I though there were controls.
Have you entered or left a Schengen country fro a non-Schemgen country with no passport control?
Passing from France to Spain you wouldn’t for years of course.

Franglais:

Am guessing no because if they did it would have become evident pretty quick that the woman in the article had not overstayed she offered proof of her entry and exit but the Spanish were not interested, the fact she came in through Gibralter probably didn’t help although had she jumped in a dinghy in Gib and rocked up on the nearest beach in Spain with no documents she could have stayed in the EU for as long she wanted with very little fear of deportation.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Am guessing no because if they did it would have become evident pretty quick that the woman in the article had not overstayed she offered proof of her entry and exit but the Spanish were not interested, the fact she came in through Gibralter probably didn’t help although had she jumped in a dinghy in Gib and rocked up on the nearest beach in Spain with no documents she could have stayed in the EU for as long she wanted with very little fear of deportation.

As I said, surprising to me. I would have thought that a closer eye would have been kept on who is being let in and out of a country.
Boating lakes have a better idea of who arrived when. “Come on number 6, your times up!”

My arrival and departure will have been entered by the eurotunnel computer but there is no evidence in my passport if i need to convince a Spanish police officer one night in a traffic check.

Gidders:
My arrival and departure will have been entered by the eurotunnel computer but there is no evidence in my passport if i need to convince a Spanish police officer one night in a traffic check.

Yes, I imagined the same technology at work.
Looking over the shoulder of the immigration official in Ouistreham or Dieppe the chip in my passport and my residency card is being controlled somewhere I imagine.No stamp obviously.
Only going in and out of Austria did I get a stamp but then I am not resident there.
Stupid Brexit and the loss of free movement…

OwenMoney:

Gidders:

Looking over the shoulder of the immigration official in Ouistreham or Dieppe the chip in my passport and my residency card is being controlled somewhere I imagine.No stamp obviously.
Only going in and out of Austria did I get a stamp but then I am not resident there.

Can`t be true! How have we lost anything?
"In October 2016, David Davis, the then Brexit secretary, told the House of Commons that “there will be no downside to Brexit at all, and considerable upsides”.
And here we have a list from readers of the Yorkshire Bylines:
yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular- … dossier-2/

407 Ups and only 18 Downs.
Brilliant. !

Whoops…that last glass wobbled my hand a little.

Franglais:
Boating lakes have a better idea of who arrived when. “Come on number 6, your times up!”

… “My mistake - sorry. Number 9, are you in difficulty?”

(Apologies, very old joke).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Franglais:

… “My mistake - sorry. Number 9, are you in difficulty?”

(Apologies, very old joke).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

:smiley:
But a “goldie”.
Oh, for a return to when Donald McGill was risque.

[ quote=“Franglais”]

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

As I said, surprising to me. I would have thought that a closer eye would have been kept on who is being let in and out of a country.
Boating lakes have a better idea of who arrived when

. "Come in number 6, your times up! "
[/quote]
. "Come in number 6, your times up!
. "Come in number 6, your times up!
Oh ffs Number 9 are you in trouble

Sorry had to bring in an oldie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Edit to add !!!
■■■■ you Raymondo !! You beat me to it

OwenMoney:

Gidders:

I’m with you OM.
Travelling withiin the norm, UK, EU< USA etc.,
I would presume that everybodies personal identity documents will be scanned,
along with travel documents.
I am talking normal travelllers :laughing: :laughing:

No stamps or checks being carried out at Eurotunnel by the French when leaving the UK, passport was scanned by Eurotunnel staff just after checking in, only sign of any French officialdom was standing outside their office on a smoke break.