GB stickers

GB stickers will no longer be legal after 28th September 2021 and will have to be replaced with a UK sticker the government has now decreed!

Pennineman:
GB stickers will no longer be legal after 28th September 2021 and will have to be replaced with a UK sticker the government has now decreed!

This is the absolute stupidity imo.

If “meddling Brussels” suggested it there would be total outrage and the red tops would be all over it. So how many people in the “UK” were campaigning for such a change?

I have not even heard a whisper about this till 2 weeks ago on the radio and apparently it’s already a done deal coming into force in September as you said and at the government’s request!! :open_mouth:

Beggars belief really :unamused: :unamused:

It’ll only be temporary. When NI unites with Eire, it will revert to GB. I wonder which monister has a finger in the “oval sticker” pie?

A couple of points.
When was the last time a driver bought a GB sticker for either his truck or trailer?
The answer should be never as every ferry company have always given them away as it always had the ferry companies logo on said sticker.

Stickers have been phased out in recent years, instead number plates have the country code on.
It’ll be a ■■■■ site more expensive to replace the number plates than a free sticker.

It’s the GB sticker with the euro stars that’s no longer legal, the GB sticker with Union flag is allowed.

BossHogg:
It’s the GB sticker with the euro stars that’s no longer legal, the GB sticker with Union flag is allowed.

That’s not what they are on about. Standalone GB stickers (for sticking on the rear of vehicles which don’t have national identifiers as part of the registration plate) will be changing to UK stickers from September.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I see what you mean, it won’t affect me anyway as I can’t afford to go abroad on a holiday. We’re getting a pay freeze this year.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
A couple of points.
When was the last time a driver bought a GB sticker for either his truck or trailer?
The answer should be never as every ferry company have always given them away as it always had the ferry companies logo on said sticker.

Stickers have been phased out in recent years, instead number plates have the country code on.
It’ll be a ■■■■ site more expensive to replace the number plates than a free sticker.

Free stickers on the ferries… now there’s a blast from the past, the very distant past I’m afraid.

AFAIK the non euro, and euro style (above) number plates are ok, they just both need a “UK” sticker now.

Loads of free ones being dished out in the shop on the train too…apparently. :wink: