Covid test in MSA

Hi guys. Cann anyone tell me about the COVID tests in the services. As in, what kind of test is it and would I be able to get tested and not be driving over the water ?
I’m just being a cheapskate and am flying to Jersey soon and would quite like not to have to isolate on arrival.

Cheers all

Lateral flow tests. The swab up nose and throat type, with results in 30mins.
Looks like PCR tests are required, (sample sent to a lab) so no good for you it seems?

There is a website that tells you which MSA’s are doing the tests and their opening times, turn up with a form of ID tell them you’re heading out Dover /Calais and then heading into Holland. Holland is the only country at the moment which requires a mandatory negative test result for a driver. Do the test wait 30 minutes if negative go back give them the result and they will give you a piece of paper to say you are negative. The type of test is the swab one where a sample is taken from you tonsils and nose if you do it yourself not to painful but if you have a sadist doing it it will bring tears to your eyes :smiley:

Thanks guys. Looks like a few hours of isolation in my hotel. Not too bad really. Free PCR test on arrival then isolate till I get the result, which is usually 3-12 hours.
Thanks again guys