How to land euro jobs?

Hello,

I just feel like every euro job that I come across want euro experience. Right now I don’t have any Class 1 experience (just passed and starting new job on the 9th of July). Is it best to find a company that do UK and international, and then beg your way into international driving?

Thanks,

Michal S

18T Flatbed driver for Shepherd Distribution Services

Blag it mate, get a friend or family member to do a reference, MP’s and Boris tell lies all the time and keep their jobs , unless your surname rhymes with the capital of Thailand!

I had never driven abroad and asked what experience I had of which was driving my parents caravan off the ferry at Le Havre to a camp site three kilometres away, they shipped me out the next day .
Being young and naive after tipping I threw my CMR away , guess what, as an owner driver that’s how you get paid on , just had to wait longer.
By talking to experienced drivers on the ferry over , they filled me in on all the tips and advice from there .
Some firms may ship you out with another of their drivers so you follow him or her around which is tedious as they dictate your day or even worse have another driver in the cab to double man /woman and smell the ■■■■■ and snoring all night.
Even married couples have divorced over double driving , some minor irritation can magnify in to a huge dilemma and arguments over nothing as sharing a tin box in hot weather is not pleasant.
Your KFC chicken had more legal rights to living space than long distance drivers have .

Another option depending on personal finances is to hire or rent a motor home or a car and drive around the Paris Periphery ring road or see the immigration problems at the ports .
Or head to Andalusia or Catalonia to see if you like it or not .

Tarmaceater:
Blag it mate, get a friend or family member to do a reference, MP’s and Boris tell lies all the time and keep their jobs , unless your surname rhymes with the capital of Thailand!

I had never driven abroad and asked what experience I had of which was driving my parents caravan off the ferry at Le Havre to a camp site three kilometres away, they shipped me out the next day .
Being young and naive after tipping I threw my CMR away , guess what, as an owner driver that’s how you get paid on , just had to wait longer.
By talking to experienced drivers on the ferry over , they filled me in on all the tips and advice from there .
Some firms may ship you out with another of their drivers so you follow him or her around which is tedious as they dictate your day or even worse have another driver in the cab to double man /woman and smell the ■■■■■ and snoring all night.
Even married couples have divorced over double driving , some minor irritation can magnify in to a huge dilemma and arguments over nothing as sharing a tin box in hot weather is not pleasant.
Your KFC chicken had more legal rights to living space than long distance drivers have .

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] thanks for the quality advice. Sounds like it’s a pain to get going but once you’re rolling then it’s alright

I would suggest contacting all the rock and roll hauliers such as Stage Truck , Brian Yeardley ( Featherstone Wakefield) , Fly by Nite, Trans Am as they are not doing live music and festivals at the moment and are on general haulage to supermarkets or on containers.

When the concert industry kicks off , they have trusted you working in the UK and will send you on a world tour of six months away .
Then there’s the motorsport industry of rallies, motorcycling and Formula 1 and racing tyres .
International horse trials and race horse firms go all over Europe.

Relocation may be option for firms around the Dover area such as Alcaline , Mike Beer or flying out to Hungary to join Waberers , they go everywhere from Turkey to Russia.

S&K ltd in Barry South Wales cover the UK and Benelux which is Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg so shorter trips of a few days and home weekends or longer trips of a few weeks are available with them .
Equine travel agency in Dover and Sealane International, I’m not sure why firms require European experience as before Brexit your driving license allowed free movement and no need to take a driving test in each country you’re transiting through.
Once you’re over there there is no major difference or O or A levels or University degree to point a lorry or car in the right direction.

They have numerous truck bans for religious festivals and public holidays to negotiate around and some can last from Thursday night until Tuesday morning in Italy for Easter as I found out the hard way with that one .
Obviously better food for drivers and free parking even in hotels and large supermarkets and the public respect drivers more than in the UK .

Tarmaceater:
I would suggest contacting all the rock and roll hauliers such as Stage Truck , Brian Yeardley ( Featherstone Wakefield) , Fly by Nite, Trans Am as they are not doing live music and festivals at the moment and are on general haulage to supermarkets or on containers.

When the concert industry kicks off , they have trusted you working in the UK and will send you on a world tour of six months away .
Then there’s the motorsport industry of rallies, motorcycling and Formula 1 and racing tyres .
International horse trials and race horse firms go all over Europe.

Relocation may be option for firms around the Dover area such as Alcaline , Mike Beer or flying out to Hungary to join Waberers , they go everywhere from Turkey to Russia.

Rock and Roll and other entertainment hauliers are having trouble with summat you may have heard of called COVID.
Problems with cabotage, work permits etc due to summat else called Brexit. Maybe you’ve heard of that too?
International haulage was going through a bad patch a couple of years back, can’t see recent events helping much.
Still some work around but…

I did say they were not doing rock and roll due to COVID and when it’s finally over at least he has a foot in the door .

Tarmaceater:
I did say they were not doing rock and roll due to COVID and when it’s finally over at least he has a foot in the door .

I’d love to do the concert tours!

Drivers earn extra money by clicking by counting how many punters are coming in ,or help out with setting up rigging and light/ sound equipment.
Most tours are driving at night or you fly out to country to drive to a few venues and fly back again with expenses all paid.
For a big tour , like the U2 or Madonna world tour there would three leap frog or relay logistics to sort out, one convoy goes ahead to set up , then continue to next venue .
The other lot are dismantling the last gig .

Typical TruckNet , you try to help someone and there is always some smart Alec know it all knocking the poster but not the post with sarcasm and condescending and patronising remarks.
Is that you Franglais?

Tarmaceater:

Will they be touring EU when it’s over? Cabotage rules etc are a new problem for them.
I know a few people involved in it, and the future doesn’t look bright for UK firms running UK trucks.
Waberers are an EU country. They, with other EU employers, will likely be employing EU drivers before looking for 3rd country immigrants.
Freedom of movement to work no longer exists.

Here is today’s news in the Indie.
independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 74836.html
Note that Frost doesn’t think that negotiations with the EU are his job…
Same story covered in other sources.
Cabotage, work permits for artists and crew all at issue.

Franglais:

Tarmaceater:

Will they be touring EU when it’s over? Cabotage rules etc are a new problem for them.
I know a few people involved in it, and the future doesn’t look bright for UK firms running UK trucks.
Waberers are an EU country. They, with other EU employers, will likely be employing EU drivers before looking for 3rd country immigrants.

Already employing 3rd country drivers as are many of the big EE hauliers

I’ve just had a reply from Matthews International Transport; there’s a chance they could take me on to shunt between depots to gain experience for European work!!

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Tarmaceater:

Don’t doubt that some immigrants are being employed as drivers in the EU.
Does that contradict anything I have said?

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Tarmaceater:

Don’t doubt that some immigrants are being employed as drivers in the EU.
Does that contradict anything I have said?

Heaven forbid that anyone should contradict you. You made the statement as if it was a matter of fact that non EU citizens aren’t being used when they are.

I said that most likely EU employers would employ EU citizens before non EU citizens.
Do you wish to dispute that?
A UK driver looking for employment in an EU country (except Eire) will now have to jump through many more hoops than previously.
Recognition of driving licences, and other professional qualifications is no longer the simple job it was before.

Franglais:
I said that most likely EU employers would employ EU citizens before non EU citizens.
Do you wish to dispute that?
A UK driver looking for employment in an EU country (except Eire) will now have to jump through many more hoops than previously.
Recognition of driving licences, and other professional qualifications is no longer the simple job it was before.

It doesn’t matter whether I wish to or not, plenty of EE hauliers recruitung 3rd country drivers over EU drivers due to them being cheaper and the shortage of European drivers so in my opinion a 3rd country driver has just a good a chance as an EU driver, whether you would wish to work for the wage is another matter but the opportunity is there.

Well the bigger EE hauliers all use 3rd country drivers. That being said, there is a snowballs chance in hell they will hire an englishman for the job. All their bureaucracy, procedures etc are based on drivers from UA,BY,RU and MD. Even Kazakhstan and other -stans lately. The working language is Russian and only Russian. They have entire schools dedicated to get russian-speaking drivers their qualifications. Schools where the teachers don’t speak English.

Other than that, what Franglais said is spot on. I’ve had people asking me about trucking jobs in Estonia, which are pretty decent, pay around 2500-3000 euro a month and take you all over Europe. And our gaffers do speak English. But you are expected to turn up with relevant qualifications at hand.