Trailer to UK

Hi All, I need a trailer collected from Valleiry, France and taking to Goole. By any chance would anyone be returning to the UK from Europe solo?

Try Insight transport based in Inkberrow Worcestershire ask for Gilbert or the boss Steve Walker as they have lorries out in Europe all the time , if they can’t help they may put you in contact with someone that can .

Or EM Rogers international at Northampton, they pass by Geneva on Italian round trips and once again may know someone if they can’t help.

Tarmaceater:
Try Insight transport based in Inkberrow Worcestershire ask for Gilbert or the boss Steve Walker as they have lorries out in Europe all the time , if they can’t help they may put you in contact with someone that can .

Thank you.

Another option is to research the many websites that find return loads in Europe even though you only need a tractor unit to collect your trailer, in a bid for the cost, it would have to specify very clearly what you need doing .

Haulage Exchange , TransEU ,Return Loads or Barron Wood international at Preston that have UK owner drivers in Europe.

Broughton international transport Melksham Wiltshire, ask for Toby Ovens , they are the firm that used to have the logo : Eat more chips .
I’m thinking aloud here but you’re only option may be paying a UK owner driver to go out there unit only, or bob tail or tractor solo as the saying goes , it won’t be cheap as there’s the ferry to pay too .

If it’s a flatbed it can stack on top of another flatbed, other than that I expect you’re not going to get it done as a backload.

1600 miles three day round trip ain’t going to be cheap even if someone is running out bobtail. Could cost at least a couple of grand to get that trailer back.

For me I would leave the dam trailer where it is and claim on the GIT insurance that it got stolen or caught fire .
Don’t forget to remove the tracker in the trailer headboard and some even have cctv installed inside too .

And also make sure whoever does collect it has got the correct susies!! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Good points about the flat bed option and correct Suzies !

UK trailer? With correct reg documents and current test?
Flat/box/curtain/?
Can it be loaded? That`ll make it much cheaper to bring back if it has the tractioneers load in it.
Tyre state? Spare on rack?
Been stood long, so may need work, or recently dropped? Things get rusty in 74 quite quickly.
I know a few owner drivers who might be interested, but would need a lot more info.

Haute - Savoire , the rust from the lakes ? I think the OP will be struggling with this one and I would want to to know the full reason why this trailer has been left and how would I know what contraband is hidden in it ?
Will there be a point of contact with someone there and where will be all the necessary paperwork for the onward journey?

hmm, 2 posts, no mention of type of trailer, new, damaged, loaded, tanker, refrigerated, flat or van!

At least Toby is on the case sharing the love!

I have dispatched Carryfast in his Allegro to investigate the state of the trailer with no wheels and back lights !

It maybe a tilt that needs rebuilding as they can be turned in to flat bed ?

Hi all, thanks for all the replies. The trailer is a race liner and has been re-registered in the UK as that was where it originally came from. It has a new separate trailer registration and is fully road legal. I’m currently in France working hence late reply to you guys. I’m just wanting a unit to bring it back, I will try some of the options you guys have suggested. Thanks again.

It’s normal Suzie connections not palm couplings.

Christie:
Hi all, thanks for all the replies. The trailer is a race liner and has been re-registered in the UK as that was where it originally came from. It has a new separate trailer registration and is fully road legal. I’m currently in France working hence late reply to you guys. I’m just wanting a unit to bring it back, I will try some of the options you guys have suggested. Thanks again.

Ring 01469 540832, ask for Mark.
Mobile number if you PM me.

Tarmaceater:
For me I would leave the dam trailer where it is and claim on the GIT insurance that it got stolen or caught fire .
Don’t forget to remove the tracker in the trailer headboard and some even have cctv installed inside too .

Don’t forget to take the shoes out first