Building material delivery

How is your experience when delivery building material to construction site? What do you find the most challenge?

The health and safety rules that are on a board outside the site, with no place to park the truck and get out the cab to read their rules and regulations of which means you can’t stop so have to drive straight in to their site.
When you get on site someone will say ; Morning Drive, did you read the sign outside it says , stop on the road and get permission prior to entering.
The lazy fork lift driver who runs away when you pull in and getting dirt and mud inside your cab if you didn’t take some Wellies.

giaotranswe:
How is your experience when delivery building material to construction site? What do you find the most challenge?

The address…
Without an accurate address, a private new build can be a problem to find. As can a driver asking “Where has Mr Jones moved in?” rather than “Where did Mrs Smith moved out of?”

I’ve done quite a bit of that kind of stuff, the only problems I’ve had were:

1. A-hole H&S characters : eg saying I can’t get on the back of the wagon, I tell them I need to do that to put the lifting straps on the goods, they then tell me to drive out of the site and climb on the wagon to do what I need to and then reverse back in :unamused:
  2. sites with one overworked forks driver who treats it as a peronal favour to you for him to unload you, not a problem when you’re driving hiab, but a huge PITA if you’re not.

As for finding new build sites, gotta keep your eyes peeled for those little yellow signs telling you where the build is going on, alternatively google maps can be really helpful, they all seem to like to advertise the new sites on there.

I used to do London a lot with sliding roof trailers, a crane is booked in and you must arrive on time in to your allocated and coned off parking on a busy main road, if you are late , other hauliers will take your spot so then you have to wait until they are tipped, by that time there could be five wagons turn up .
If the wind picks up the crane will automatically shut down so sometimes you can be there all day which will mess up the run for the following day as the planners expected you to be back early.
The banks man will look after you all day to get you repositioned .

giaotranswe:

How often do you deliver to such, abroad ?