Noticed Serbian plated lorries more often

I was out last week and have noticed Serbian plated lorries more often now. Has there been a change recently to allow more Non Eu hauliers to operate here?

I have seen plenty of lorries from Marta , with a name of Express something or other and plenty of Turkish around too.
If in Italy, numerous Middle Eastern lorries around the Milan area waiting around for back hauls .

Dam fat fingers, I meant Malta , orange livery.

Tarmaceater:
Dam fat fingers, I meant Malta , orange livery.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4waTUVA5ZtUahmLt9
See them around here’n’there.

Tarmaceater:
I have seen plenty of lorries from Marta , with a name of Express something or other and plenty of Turkish around too.
If in Italy, numerous Middle Eastern lorries around the Milan area waiting around for back hauls .

Never seen a lorrie from Malta. Same with Cyprus or Greece. See Turkish often, are they run out of Germany though?

Where are these Middle Eastern lorries from?

In the UK I have seen Cypriot and Greek lorries but none from the Middle East apart from Italy and they were from Jordan .
But a truck from the Middle East put the wrong address in the sat nav , he was supposed to be delivering to Gibraltar but ended up in a bird sanctuary in the North of England with a similar street name, I am not sure how he got on the ferry from France to England as he would have to clear customs on a TIR journey plus the CMR address should have been queried.

Mars, Turkish company, have been coming to the UK for at least 25 years,
used to do loads in and out of Europa, when I worked there.
There’s another big Turk company, begins with B I think, got a depot in the Midlands .

I used to see a couple of Iranian trucks over here many years ago.Reddish 14lt.Scanias with bigger wheels,24"(?)

Do the Middle Eastern drivers have to stop in the live lane on the M6 when it is time for prayers and will the truck have to face East ?
And drive with no shoes and socks ?

pierrot 14:
Mars, Turkish company, have been coming to the UK for at least 25 years,
used to do loads in and out of Europa, when I worked there.
There’s another big Turk company, begins with B I think, got a depot in the Midlands .

I see Turkish quite often, Ekol often. Do wonder if they are running to and from Turkey or they are based in Netherlands/Germany.

Seen a Dutch trailer with a Crotian Unit today.

Ukraine. Russia, Albania. Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia, Macedonia , Montenegro. Never seen any haulier from these countries here, I do stay in Scotland though. Never seen Iran. Jordan, wonder if they run through Syria?

Best last year in Keswick, was a Australian reg campervan complete with AUS oval.

Gidders:
I used to see a couple of Iranian trucks over here many years ago.Reddish 14lt.Scanias with bigger wheels,24"(?)

Never seen Iranian, must be as far away as you get.

Like this one…112H from Iran.

Iranian 112.jpg

Tarmaceater:
In the UK I have seen Cypriot and Greek lorries but none from the Middle East apart from Italy and they were from Jordan .
But a truck from the Middle East put the wrong address in the sat nav , he was supposed to be delivering to Gibraltar but ended up in a bird sanctuary in the North of England with a similar street name, I am not sure how he got on the ferry from France to England as he would have to clear customs on a TIR journey plus the CMR address should have been queried.

Malta Express are fairly regular visitors to Britain, but the lorry that got it a little bit wrong was loaded for Gibralter and ended up at Gibralter Point near Skegness in Lincolnshire.

He was a Syrian driver

G S OVERLAND/. That photo looks very much like the one I recall.

Gidders:

There were always lots of Iranians parked in Antwerp just off the Ring. The agents used to bring them food and money until they found a load back home or in that general direction.

Milan and Manchester always had a lot of Turks parked for weeks waiting for loads home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a huge depot in Coventry near the arena on the industrial estate where Co-op is, it’s a Turkish firm with it’s own warehouse.
And what happened to Willi Betz , they were everywhere, used to see their laundry drying out on motorway fences ?

Tarmaceater:
There is a huge depot in Coventry near the arena on the industrial estate where Co-op is, it’s a Turkish firm with it’s own warehouse.
And what happened to Willi Betz , they were everywhere, used to see their laundry drying out on motorway fences ?

Last I heard they were concentrating on supplying forces in Afghanistan and were running out to there, don’t see any of them out in Europe anymore

I think there was a Trucknet member who worked for an American company that supplied transport to Iraq and Afghanistan called KBR , for an interview in Texas then fly out to the danger zones driving fuel or water tankers and general haulage with the risk of being shot at , kidnapped or the head chopped off .
His Avatar was an American armed vehicle but can’t recall his user name.

Tarmaceater:
I think there was a Trucknet member who worked for an American company that supplied transport to Iraq and Afghanistan called KBR , for an interview in Texas then fly out to the danger zones driving fuel or water tankers and general haulage with the risk of being shot at , kidnapped or the head chopped off .
His Avatar was an American armed vehicle but can’t recall his user name.

Neil 46 or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long way to drive out to Afghanistan or was it from a base more locally?