Euro driving now 2021

i have not been into Europe as a freight driver for some years now, and only during the reign of the CMR, we did a little bit of swiss with paperwork sorted by an agent then the trips to the separate customs clearance, so could someone who actually goes across since the changes give an insight in to what has changed, (i see the covid complications subsiding eventually) so just a guide to the normal goods movement papers and possibly a list of paperwork for normal freight,

hotel magnum:
i have not been into Europe as a freight driver for some years now, and only during the reign of the CMR, we did a little bit of swiss with paperwork sorted by an agent then the trips to the separate customs clearance, so could someone who actually goes across since the changes give an insight in to what has changed, (i see the covid complications subsiding eventually) so just a guide to the normal goods movement papers and possibly a list of paperwork for normal freight,

Ignoring COVID totally, (let’s assume vaccines work well and we all get jabs) there are changes due to something called Brexit, if you’ve heard of that? [emoji3]
Can’t avoid it.
Depending when you last crossed the channel, some other changes too.
Over the past ten years we’ve needed letters updated every few months saying we are paid more than a minimum, to avoid undercutting local workers. Copy of employment contract for same reason.

Brexit hasn’t yet fully hit UK imports. There is more strict control due April 1st (I’m not kidding on the date) and July 1st for even more.

Currently UK exports need documents all done before you enter Kent on way to short crossings, or before you enter any other port. The docs are checked before you arrive in some cases.

You need CMR, invoices, T-form, and MRN number with bar-code.
I’ve had some loads go through smooth and hassle free. And some have taken 3 days to obtain T-form.
Same with clearance in French port. The load may be cleared as you are on the boat, or may take a day or two to clear after you arrive.
Clearly some of this is teething troubles. But the (unseen by us) office workers are all being paid, the extra workers in checkpoints are being paid. Every piece of paperwork can go wrong so there will inevitably be some extra delays in the future.

Passports are checked more closely now than before.

Anti clandestine checks at French ports take longer now too.

When did you last cross the channel, and which port?
Ouistreham used be almost instant entry and departure ten or fifteen years ago. Now it is often an hour to get from his market into the gate, leaving is over an hour unless you’re first off.
Pompey was taking over 3 hours from docking to getting out the gate for the last off the boat before Christmas, and remember no Brexit then!

On an up side no food or coffee served on the train now, so no new comers will be tempted there!
Brittany don’t give free food, but you get 50% off food at either self serve or 1st class restaurant. Full price wine though!
Edit to add
Still some good restaurants about, but covid is hitting them hard. Not as many around 18 months ago as ten years ago, but still better almost everywhere in the UK.

do you get your passport stamped nowadays?

chrisdalott:

I have had mine stamped at Dunkirk when coming direct from Ireland yet when I came off the Rosslare to Cherbourg it wasn’t stamped, don’t see that it is necessary nowadays given that it is electronically scanned whenever you book on and when customs check it as you are departing the port

fyi

i have the 1st 3 of 20 site dumpers ready for the last week or so to go to quimper in brittany, currently i’ve had to send to the customs agent in rennes

commercial invoice
packing list
certificates of newness for each
EC conformity certificates for each
EC noise certificates for each (TUV notified copies)
photo of the noise decal affixed to the machine for each
and now they want a ‘technical document’ but cant tell me if its just for noise ( which i’d have to ask MIRA at nuneaton for ) or technical specifications for the dumpers themselves .

deep joy - i’ve just had a tandem roller knocking about on a truck near bordeaux for 2 days , because our customers finance director gave us their customs agent details , but hadn’t passed it on to the minions and they didn’t even have an account with said customs agent and they also gave us the wrong customs agents office

laugh is we’re a bloody french company which happens to build site equipment in coventry,

tony

chrisdalott:

I did on entering Holland (Europort) on Monday and on exiting the same way yesterday.
The first 2 stamps in an over 9 year old passport :slight_smile:

Calais is stamping passports in and out, I just had to get a new one for the 1st jan and if I had known I would have got the one with more pages

■■■:
Calais is stamping passports in and out, I just had to get a new one for the 1st jan and if I had known I would have got the one with more pages

The passport stamping seems inconsistent. I’ve done half a dozen or so trips this year, no stamps yet.
Do you offer a 5 franc note or a pack of Gauloises?

Franglais:

■■■:

The passport stamping seems inconsistent. I’ve done half a dozen or so trips this year, no stamps yet.

That takes me back! Good old days ?

Franglais:

■■■:

i dont think you need a stamp if you are a french resident, its only the brits who are limited to short stays that need a record of when they arrive and depart, so as to check on overstaying

Gazoil…Coffee M’siur ! :smiley:

Simon:

chrisdalott:

I did on entering Holland (Europort) on Monday and on exiting the same way yesterday.

that is kind of sad :cry:

milodon:

Simon:

chrisdalott:

that is kind of sad :cry:

Agreed…We are now foreigners in Europe.

So far I have made half a dozen round trips and have two exit stamps, and no entry stamps.

I’ve done 3 trips now. Entry and exit stamp every time at Europoort.
I’m not sure if I got a stamp coming home on DFDS from IJmuiden from the second trip.