Calais to Bordeaux

Morning all, currently pricing a trip to Bordeaux, not my usual line of work, the website I’m looking at is giving me a toll price of 195euro from calais, this is via rouen,le mans, poiters, bordeaux. 5 axle artic, has anyone any up to date info if the toll price is correct and is this the best route, it’s been 4 years since I last done any euro work so a little unsure, many thanks.

That’s the way I used to go en route to Pau. You can go via Paris, not a lot in it. I used to switch to the N10(?) south of Tours to save a big chunk of toll as the A10 seems quite expensive tbh.

To avoid tolls past Rouen, but at cost of time, distance and more diesel:
Rouen, to Caen either A13 peage or Bernay and N13. Caen to Rennes free autoroute. Rennes via Nantes and Cholet to Poitiers, free all the way down. (N10 South of Poitiers is a nasty road nowadays: all dual 80kph, no overtaking, and lots of police to catch those who tailgate and drive like loons) but it does avoid the peage and still.afew decent restaurants on it.
Have you priced Le Havre and Caen boats? Not cheap but less peage and under 9 hrs from boat to Bx. Depends on your loading point UK and timings.

I would have a look at the Newhaven Dieppe crossing too think it is the cheapest outside of Dover Calais.

Mazzer2:
I would have a look at the Newhaven Dieppe crossing too think it is the cheapest outside of Dover Calais.

Good call.

dont forget to add in your customs entry if you’re doing it , currently i’m being charged 45 quid a go on top of haulage charge .

fyi in november i was being charged £1370 for a mega to dept 33 , this year i would expect it to be around £1430 + £45

tony

Thanks again all advice much appreciated.