Any euro work around cheltenham

Good morning ! Looking at a move to cheltenham early 2021, just wondered what might be available around that area for class 1
Not interested in agency, I’d rather turn up at a yard and ask questions
Been in Canada for 6 years so hope to hit the ground running if possible
I’ve seen gilders mentioned in here in the past but nothing recent, are they the best option? I’m guessing I’d have to start off uk only but would like to get into some European work too. (No euro experience as yet, I moved to Canada pretty soon after getting my class1) any idea what to expect for pay? Cheers all
Happy new year!!

Charles Russell are in Cheltenham, S & K in Barry may be a good shout if you’re inexperienced.

Thanks mate I’ll give them a shout !

Ray White’s have either moved to Kemble from Membury or Membury from Kemble (this one I think), either way if you are tramping it’s quite do-able from Cheltenham.

whitestransportservices.com/ … uiries.htm

Great I’ll check them out as well, probably just get my cv together and ping it through. Of the ones mentioned which would you be keen to work for ? Cheers

Dereko:
Great I’ll check them out as well, probably just get my cv together and ping it through. Of the ones mentioned which would you be keen to work for ? Cheers

I don’t know much about any mentioned to be fair but at least not heard anything bad that might make me avoid.

Hope you get sorted quickly and earning.

Is Ralph Davies still doing European work? Or there is Insight ltd at Inkberrow near Worcester, not too far from Cheltenham, they do Europe and Gibraltar.
There are numerous Gilder brothers ,I’m not sure which one still does Europe?And some of them don’t get on , that’s families .

njl:

Dereko:

I don’t know much about any mentioned to be fair but at least not heard anything bad that might make me avoid.

Hope you get sorted quickly and earning.

Thanks again, I’ve sent some enquires so see how I go

Tarmaceater:
Is Ralph Davies still doing European work? Or there is Insight ltd at Inkberrow near Worcester, not too far from Cheltenham, they do Europe and Gibraltar.
There are numerous Gilder brothers ,I’m not sure which one still does Europe?And some of them don’t get on , that’s families .

I see Gordon gilder does euro but looks to be mainly livestock
One of them does septic tankers… not sure I’d want to do that but desperate times etc
I’ll check out Ralph Davies :slight_smile:

Peter Gilder used to do Russia and Kazakhstan along with Ralph Davies , there is Gordon, Edward, William and Joe Gilder , William does the ■■■ tankers out of Teddington Hands truck stop that they own .Gordon the livestock.

Sent some enquires but nothing back yet, I guess between New Years, covid and brexit it is possibly not the best time for looking for work haha!

:exclamation:

Dereko:
Sent some enquires but nothing back yet, I guess between New Years, covid and brexit it is possibly not the best time for looking for work haha!

Generally, January is quiet, and with a lot of pre-Brexit stocking up, it is likely to be very quiet, youre correct. So,no reason for a manager not to acknowledge your e-mail then! But dont hold your breath, the number of unsolicited messages is more than most can bear to look at.

Franglais:
:!:

Dereko:

Generally, January is quiet, and with a lot of pre-Brexit stocking up, it is likely to be very quiet, youre correct. So,no reason for a manager not to acknowledge your e-mail then! But dont hold your breath, the number of unsolicited messages is more than most can bear to look at.

Yeah agree and understand, hopefully I can get a lead or two before I arrive back in blighty. If not I’ll just go knocking on doors when I arrive

Dereko:
Yeah agree and understand, hopefully I can get a lead or two before I arrive back in blighty. If not I’ll just go knocking on doors when I arrive

Knocking on doors is usually the best policy anyway. Have your gear in your car, ready to go if they should say “when can you start?” If your answer is “Now!”, you might be away that day. Don’t expect it, but…

Have a handful of CVs with you as well. Most likely they’ll give you an application form to fill in, having all your info handy, so you can fill it in there and then would help create a good impression.

Simon:

Dereko:

Knocking on doors is usually the best policy anyway. Have your gear in your car, ready to go if they should say “when can you start?” If your answer is “Now!”, you might be away that day. Don’t expect it, but…

Have a handful of CVs with you as well. Most likely they’ll give you an application form to fill in, having all your info handy, so you can fill it in there and then would help create a good impression.

Good tip! Thanks pal

Marshall’s transport at the airfield in Throckmorton , Pershore .

Tarmaceater:
Marshall’s transport at the airfield in Throckmorton , Pershore .

Enquiry sent ! Thanks

mlc transport

Hi not sure if your sorted but William Gilder is advertising for drivers nights out but all uk work all good kit job is cleaner than you think, Gordon Gilder is fridge work hanging meat which is euro work ,William is at teddington hands truck stop Gordon up the road at Gretton a few miles apart