Entering France from GB, including LGV drivers

I’m hearing news reports, searching for links at the moment to translate,
that as from midnight tonight and for a minimum of 48 hours,
entry to France you will be tested before you are allowed to enter the country.
Macron has closed ALL borders between France and the UK.

Cant blame Brexit, but the Dover queues will be starting.
Bet Pompey etc will be noisy tonight.

pierrot 14:

But you can still take a Rubber dingy from France to England [emoji49][emoji49]

Sent from my truck

Franglais:
Cant blame Brexit, but the Dover queues will be starting.
Bet Pompey etc will be noisy tonight.

Nothing to do with the B word Franglais.
This is because of the high rates of C19 in the UK

I wont translate it but it’s as I said above , restrictions apply

and this is an official .gov.fr site

uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-Cond … -Uni-28925

And can I add:

this ha F-ALL to do with Brexit,

it’s down to the fact that the UK Covid figures are going up at an alarming rate

Nobody is respecting the advice given,

and that is why you’re in the ■■■■■

pierrot 14:

Which they had done this last night could have turned round and gone home instead of being sat in Southern Germany :smiley:

You can still ship into the UK if you can find a ferry or direct France - Ireland.

It’s only shipping into Europe for 48 hours that’s a problem. I have read that for those shipping back on the 22 Nd will have to have a negative test.
And that Italy have banned all incoming ex UK traffic for 14 days.
This is going to spoil a lot of Xmas time.
Shame all the Brexit facilities aren’t ready.

Docked ouistreham at 2230hr. Last night , No problem exiting port. Irun might be a problem next?

yuppie:
Docked ouistreham at 2230hr. Last night , No problem exiting port. Irun might be a problem next?

I think you will slip under the radar as you were in France before midnight and there are not restrictions on freight between France and Spain. Be careful where you cough.
Gendarmes have been stopping tourist traffic and fining people however for travelling into Spain from France as reported on the news.

yuppie:

We had a driver leave Portsmouth last night and arrive back there this morning :laughing: :laughing:

OwenMoney:

yuppie:

I think you will slip under the radar as you were in France before midnight and there are not restrictions on freight between France and Spain. Be careful where you cough.
Gendarmes have been stopping tourist traffic and fining people however for travelling into Spain from France as reported on the news.

Yes I,m hoping no probs from here to my destination Lisbon. Btw I,m not a tourist. ( who would be in these times?)

Many other British drivers on my ferry decided to park and depart in the morning! Found that odd, as border shut from midnight Sunday.

pierrot 14:

yuppie:

We had a driver leave Portsmouth last night and arrive back there this morning [emoji38] [emoji38]

2nd hand info says the boat never left. Trucks reversed off this morning.
It is sailing this afternoon with unaccompanied traffic.

yuppie:

OwenMoney:

yuppie:

Yes I,m hoping no probs from here to my destination Lisbon. Btw I,m not a tourist. ( who would be in these times?)

Many other British drivers on my ferry decided to park and depart in the morning! Found that odd, as border shut from midnight Sunday.

Douane normally go home an hour or so after night boat leaves. Arrive back just before morning boat docks.
Can’t see that happening after Jan 1st though!
Daresay you’re seeing those cars with caravans or roofboxes on the main routes today? That isn’t a to and fro work commute.

Spain has announced a ban on all UK arrivals apart from Spanish citizens and residents ( but they might be carrying the 'Rona anyway) .

Madrid will be reinforcing controls on the borders from Tuesday - especially Gibralter.

Portugal says only Portuguese people and residents can arrive from the UK and must have proof of a negative Covid test. Reports don’t mention freight.

OwenMoney:
Spain has announced a ban on all UK arrivals apart from Spanish citizens and residents ( but they might be carrying the 'Rona anyway) .

Madrid will be reinforcing controls on the borders from Tuesday - especially Gibralter.

Portugal says only Portuguese people and residents can arrive from the UK and must have proof of a negative Covid test. Reports don’t mention freight.

Nothing at Irun. No problems. I suspect Caia may be the same. Hope so. Last time I entered back in May the border was shut. All freight had to by pass through the old customs parking. No checks .

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

yuppie:

We had a driver leave Portsmouth last night and arrive back there this morning [emoji38] [emoji38]

You’re right, misunderstood what my colleague said.

We’ve got 15 solo units in Pompey at the mo, waiting for unaccompanied trailers to arrive this morning, to keep the flow of goods coming into the UK

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

yuppie:

You’re right, misunderstood what my colleague said.

We’ve got 15 solo units in Pompey at the mo, waiting for unaccompanied trailers to arrive this morning, to keep the flow of goods coming into the UK

I think we’ve got 15 trailers looking for units…[emoji3]
BBC just reported (14hrs Tues) that European Commission recommends re-opening UK borders to freight. They can’t order it though.
We’ll see…

Quick update all our drivers are now back in France, the last 5 arrived today

Has the December 25th ban been lifted in light of the situation.?