P&O Hull- Zeebrugge Ferry

Looks like the end on this route and Dover not faring much better :frowning:

niferry.co.uk/po-ferries-pr … gge-route/

If this announcement had been made sooner it would have given SeaBourne ferries some ships to choose from and saved Failing Grayling’s blushes

Covid and Brexit - a very poor combination for many people

OwenMoney:
If this announcement had been made sooner it would have given SeaBourne ferries some ships to choose from and saved Failing Grayling’s blushes

Speaking of politicians, could be just the ticket for the Home Office for housing ‘asylum’ seekers :unamused:

OwenMoney:

I can’t quite work out how those pesky Brexiteers did it, but,
By releasing the C19 bug now they can now blame all the Brexit woes on the bug! Clever.
Brexit and COVID work well together for some.
Except.
Some of them are denying the bug’s existence!
Hmmm
Why can’t I work out the logic of their position I wonder?

Pride of York has made its last departure from Hull leaving Pride of Bruges to soldier on for who knows how long.

Franglais:
Except.

I don’t think that I’ve yet encountered a single person who denies the existence of Covid. I have on the other hand met plenty of folk who are seriously questioning the handling of this pandemic. These people on the whole tend to be tolerant of those fervent pantie wetters who swing from hysteria to snidey snipes whilst pompously looking down their nose at anyone who “.doesn’t embrace the programme” wholeheartedly. Bizarre really isn’t it? Come to think of it, there are a lot of similarities between the Brexiteers and the increasingly hysteria ridden Remainers.

Who woulda thunk it eh?

the maoster:

Franglais:
Except.

I don’t think that I’ve yet encountered a single person who denies the existence of Covid. I have on the other hand met plenty of folk who are seriously questioning the handling of this pandemic. These people on the whole tend to be tolerant of those fervent pantie wetters who swing from hysteria to snidey snipes whilst pompously looking down their nose at anyone who “.doesn’t embrace the programme” wholeheartedly. Bizarre really isn’t it? Come to think of it, there are a lot of similarities between the Brexiteers and the increasingly hysteria ridden Remainers.

Who woulda thunk it eh?

Remainders■■?

That discussion is long over as UK made its escape from the EU on 31 January 2020, 11:00 pm GMT…End of, done deal, out.

Transition period to set up new systems here to take over from EU one’s finishes in under 2 weeks. :open_mouth:

Based on current chaos on the Channel routes it would appear the country does not have a lot of confidence in the Governments preparations over the last 4.5 years. :unamused:

Not to worry, “Trading Mightily” all over the world begins in 2 weeks and Heathrow will have queues of applicant countries looking for trade deals on Jan 2, 2021 said Bojo :smiley:

When you consider the fact that Felixstowe the main container port is still on its knees, the channel routes, the main roro routes are goosed it would appear the last thing the country needs any time soon is more trade.

Thank god for Covid the Tory Ultra’s say but soon they will be asked to deliver on all those wonderful promises :smiley:

If they don’t deliver then a very good scapegoat will need to be imagined but Keir Starmer is already brutalizing Dorris at PM Questions With No Answers so interesting times ahead I reckon.

In fact it would be funny if not so serious.

The Pride of Bruges last crossing between Hull and Zeebrugge will be December 31st, it’s been announced by P&O that they’re pulling out of the route, but I wouldn’t be surprised if DFDS don’t start the route up again before the summer.
Have used this route for many, many years driving for a couple of Hull based hauliers, end of an era.
The Pride of Hull and the Pride of Rotterdam are to continue the nightly service to and from Europoort.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
The Pride of Bruges last crossing between Hull and Zeebrugge will be December 31st, it’s been announced by P&O that they’re pulling out of the route, but I wouldn’t be surprised if DFDS don’t start the route up again before the summer.
Have used this route for many, many years driving for a couple of Hull based hauliers, end of an era.
The Pride of Hull and the Pride of Rotterdam are to continue the nightly service to and from Europoort.

A mate who works for P&O NSF, said they have given up the inner berths and half of the land, they will still be using the riverside quay for Europoort. APB have just got £9.9m from the Government to build some port facilities for Brexit and Customs.

Wheel Nut:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

A mate who works for P&O NSF, said they have given up the inner berths and half of the land, they will still be using the riverside quay for Europoort. APB have just got £9.9m from the Government to build some port facilities for Brexit and Customs.

Assuming 25th and 26th off, then Sunday off, they have 10 days left to get the job done! :smiley:

Note. This is passenger traffic that they have cancelled, at the moment Freight is blocked for 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Poferries. Both boats to be scrapped. Shame.

Update 17.04.2021: PRIDE OF YORK left Rotterdam at around 10am (UK time) this morning with an indicated destination of Napoli (Naples).

Update 16.04.2021: Grandi Navi Veloci has now confirmed the sale of PRIDE OF YORK in a press release. She will sail, as expected, between Naples and Palermo as GNV ARIES. According to the release the ship will be refurbished before being introduced to service. P&O Ferries has still not commented publicly on the sale.

A new crew is already onboard PRIDE OF YORK preparing the ship to set sail for a new life in the Mediterranean. As we reported previously, she is to be renamed GNV ARIES. The P&O email states that she will sail under the Cypriot flag.

Is this information incorrect ?

OwenMoney:
Update 17.04.2021: PRIDE OF YORK left Rotterdam at around 10am (UK time) this morning with an indicated destination of Napoli (Naples).

Update 16.04.2021: Grandi Navi Veloci has now confirmed the sale of PRIDE OF YORK in a press release. She will sail, as expected, between Naples and Palermo as GNV ARIES. According to the release the ship will be refurbished before being introduced to service. P&O Ferries has still not commented publicly on the sale.

A new crew is already onboard PRIDE OF YORK preparing the ship to set sail for a new life in the Mediterranean. As we reported previously, she is to be renamed GNV ARIES. The P&O email states that she will sail under the Cypriot flag.

Is this information incorrect ?

Not far off, Pride of Bruges is already in Naples and renamed GNV Antares, the pride of York will indeed be renamed GNV Aries.
You’ll in the future be able to see them sailing along the Italian coast sailing from Naples to Palermo.
I used to ship from Genoa to Palermo and Palermo back to Livorno regularly in the 80s and 90s and it was a 24 hour crossing.

in the 80’s

bottom deck of the Mv Norwind,

captmarvel:
bottom deck of the Mv Norwind,

All the nice girls love a sailor :slight_smile: