Brittany Ferries

Couple of things.
Starting soon all persons entering Brittany port zone, offices, and ferries will need face masks and gloves.
I don’t know details but suggest you check yourselves before arriving.
Timetable changes published,
Through May there is still only the Mt St M on Caen run.
Starting June the Normandie will join her on Caen, and services to Cherbourg and St Malo are due to recommence.

Franglais:
Couple of things.
Starting soon all persons entering Brittany port zone, offices, and ferries will need face masks and gloves.
I don’t know details but suggest you check yourselves before arriving.
Timetable changes published,
Through May there is still only the Mt St M on Caen run.
Starting June the Normandie will join her on Caen, and services to Cherbourg and St Malo are due to recommence.

Yep, masks in the port offices, both sides of the channel and throughout the ship, till you reach your cabin, no gloves though.
On the Connemara, there’s not a lot of free space so they ask you to stay in your cabin throughout the journey,
but on the Mt St Michel they do allow you to walk on the outside decks
and drivers can have a chat in the lounges, as long as the social distancing is observed,
Noticed today, P/C there were still some drivers not wearing masks and the rumor has it
that if you turn up at the booking desk and you aren’t wearing one, or haven’t got one
you won’t be allowed on board.
Main culprits seem to be the Spanish drivers

here’s another thing now, during the crossing, a plastic bin bag is placed on the outside door handle of your cabin,
before arrival, you have to strip your bed:
sheet, duvet cover, pillow case and the towels,
then put them in this bag :open_mouth:

pierrot 14:
here’s another thing now, during the crossing, a plastic bin bag is placed on the outside door handle of your cabin,

I suppose it’s an anti-infection procedure. Picking up a bag containing your bedding and chucking it into a trolley reduces their contact time, in comparison to the time it takes to strip a bed. It seems a bit OTT to me, there shouldn’t be anyone onboard who’s infected. But if that’s what they want, it’s probably best to comply. :frowning:

Simon:

pierrot 14:

I suppose it’s an anti-infection procedure. Picking up a bag containing your bedding and chucking it into a trolley reduces their contact time, in comparison to the time it takes to strip a bed. It seems a bit OTT to me, there shouldn’t be anyone onboard who’s infected. But if that’s what they want, it’s probably best to comply. :frowning:

but thats the point Simon, they don’t know if any of the drivers are infected, so they don’t want to touch any bedding or towels that have been used
from the moment you arrive at the port to getting to your cabin, you have to wear a mask, on arrival, you have to put on the mask before leaving the cabin
till you get to the truck, that’s the way it is at the moment

pierrot 14:

Simon:

pierrot 14:

but thats the point Simon, they don’t know if any of the drivers are infected, so they don’t want to touch any bedding or towels that have been used
from the moment you arrive at the port to getting to your cabin, you have to wear a mask, on arrival, you have to put on the mask before leaving the cabin
till you get to the truck, that’s the way it is at the moment

Absolutely.
Better to assume everyone is infected, and be mostly wrong, rather than assume no-one is infected, and be wrong.