Hotels in France

Several expats in my part of Spain are getting twitchy at their extended stay here and are desperate to drive home to the UK.Some say they arrived back by sharing driving duties and showing any roadside checkers a tunnel ticket.Others are wondering if French hotels are still open.
I doubt it but would like it from the horse’s mouth.This is car travel,by the way,not trucks.
As an aside ,a neighbour was chewed off by our local policia for leaving his house to paint his front wall.Now that is a lockdown.

Gidders:
Several expats in my part of Spain are getting twitchy at their extended stay here and are desperate to drive home to the UK.Some say they arrived back by sharing driving duties and showing any roadside checkers a tunnel ticket.Others are wondering if French hotels are still open.
I doubt it but would like it from the horse’s mouth.This is car travel,by the way,not trucks.
As an aside ,a neighbour was chewed off by our local policia for leaving his house to paint his front wall.Now that is a lockdown.

Haven`t seen more than one car parked at any hotel lately. (Caretaker?)
But, get on Google maps, look at any en-rte and try to book a room? No harm trying.
To travel you need to self compete one of these:
service-public.fr/particuli … tes/A13922
“Attestation De Deplacement Derogatoire” English versions available.
You fill it in yourself, on major and minor routes there are plenty of controls: cars being stopped than trucks! Very few cars on main roads so you should expect to be stopped more than once.
I guess a valid tunnel ticket would help.

Thanks for the information,Franglais.I’ll pass on the information.
On a personal note,I flew back to the UK on March 6th for a family bereavement.I can’t fly back.My car is in an airport car park and I can’t get a buddy to pick it up,only one person/car allowed on necessary journey.The park is closed anyway and i am threatened with 12€/day overstay charge.Deep joy!

Gidders:
Thanks for the information,Franglais.I’ll pass on the information.
On a personal note,I flew back to the UK on March 6th for a family bereavement.I can’t fly back.My car is in an airport car park and I can’t get a buddy to pick it up,only one person/car allowed on necessary journey.The park is closed anyway and i am threatened with 12€/day overstay charge.Deep joy!

Everything is changing in many unexpected ways, isn’t it.
I’m no expert but that form is a good stating point.
I would think a UK reg car heading home would get less attention than a Spanish one?

Gidders: check out the link Owen has put in the France Lockdown thread. That form looks relevant to all travelling through France.

Thanks,Franglais.

I came up from La Roche-sur-Yon to Nantes on the National and I have to say, didn’t see any hotels open with all their car parks empty.