France on total lock down as of 12.00 tomorrow

Macron has been on the tv this evening and the above will come into force for at least 15 days.

French people will only be allowed to leave their homes to go to food shops, work places and other urgently needed trips, pharmacies etc.
There will be severe measures taken to stop people congregating en masse in parks etc.
People will not be able to visit friends, family or places of interest.
Borders with other countries within the Schengen group will be closed for at least 30 days
Next weekends 2nd round for the local elections to be put back

Should make Belgium on Thursday fun :laughing:

I did hear transit of goods will be allowed to continue.

Brittany Ferries are still operating between Portsmouth & Caen and we have 4 bookings with them this week with one vehicle and crew in France at the moment. Apparently freight is still permitted but if they decide to implement restrictions on non-essential goods, what constitutes essential will be anyone’s guess. Until we’re advised otherwise, we will just keep going.

As residents we are having to fill in an attestation to prove a reason for leaving home.
There is one for companies to fill in and stamp and it has to be carried on you
There are more Gendarmes about to check and with the power to fine.
I came down from Brittany to St.Nazaire today and all the parking areas on the N 12 and the N 137 were coned off .
I don’t know why.

OwenMoney:
As residents we are having to fill in an attestation to prove a reason for leaving home.
I came down from Brittany to St.Nazaire today and all the parking areas on the N 12 and the N 137 were coned off .
I don’t know why.

Colleague down Bordeaux way said Gendarmes doing loads of controls on cars, but leaving trucks alone.

OwenMoney:
I don’t know why.

I noticed that too, just come up the A84 Rennes/Caen and the 2 parking areas before Aire du Mont St Michelle were also coned off.

Moonraker:
Brittany Ferries are still operating between Portsmouth & Caen and we have 4 bookings with them this week with one vehicle and crew in France at the moment. Apparently freight is still permitted but if they decide to implement restrictions on non-essential goods, what constitutes essential will be anyone’s guess. Until we’re advised otherwise, we will just keep going.

It’s the only service that BF are actually running at the moment between France and the UK
check out their sailings updates on their site

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

■■■■■ just noticed that the Caen service has been stopped from tomorrow :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferr … ng-updates

That’ll fluck up tomorrow for STEF, 3 of us were booked on the afternoon Caen ferry to the uk
3 full loads for Peter Green

By the way this is the form that you have to fill in, " for every movement " away from your home , with the date and your signature

data.over-blog-kiwi.com/1/18/83/ … atoire.pdf

Top to bottom (abridged of course) nothing like the French authorities to GOTP .
If you need to know what anything means just ask .

I certify that me leaving my residence is for: as stated below (please tick the box)

To go to my place of work

To go to the shops to buy necessary products in authorized outlets

Health reasons

Family reasons to care for an elderly or infirm relative

short outings i.e. individual sporting activities, jogging etc not to include any activities involving groups , walking the dog

There are two types of form.
The one you mention and one that your company stamps and signs to prove you are going to work and it is necessary.

pierrot 14:

Moonraker:

It’s the only service that BF are actually running at the moment between France and the UK

[zb] just noticed that the Caen service has been stopped from tomorrow :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That’ll fluck up tomorrow for STEF, 3 of us were booked on the afternoon Caen ferry to the uk

Yes, the Brittany site says all sailings cancelled on the update section.
But does that apply to freight also? That site is primarily for the public.
It may well do there are no sailings at all, but it could be freight will move.
Yannick, at Brittany, retired a couple of weeks ago. He’s bought a pizzeria a few kliks up the coast, and was after starting up before Easter…poor bugger.

pierrot 14:

OwenMoney:
I don’t know why.

I noticed that too, just come up the A84 Rennes/Caen and the 2 parking areas before Aire du Mont St Michelle were also coned off.

Aires open on A26.
Fewer trucks than normal and almost no cars.
A6 was very busy with cars yesterday but that was all skiers going home as slopes and hotels all closed.

Hmm Monday morning I’m meant to be heading uk to Marseille, non essential goods, I’m thinking it’s not a great idea!

iguana:
Hmm Monday morning I’m meant to be heading uk to Marseille, non essential goods, I’m thinking it’s not a great idea!

I’m guessing that the French will be deciding what is or isn’t essential when they look at ferry manifests? If not essential you won’t be getting far.
If factory is open and needs goods, maybe ok?
Only me guessing, mind.

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Moonraker:

[zb] just noticed that the Caen service has been stopped from tomorrow :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Yannick, at Brittany, retired a couple of weeks ago. He’s bought a pizzeria a few kliks up the coast, and was after starting up before Easter…poor bugger.

I"m on the ferry at Ouistreham now, asked the booking clerks before about the service to and from Portsmouth, they said that it will still be running but for freight only, so you were right Franglais

OwenMoney:
There are two types of form.
The one you mention and one that your company stamps and signs to prove you are going to work and it is necessary.

For those of you living here, make sure you do fill the one I showed above if you’re venturing out, in case you do get stopped, there were loads of gendarmes out today.
If you don’t provide one it’s a hefty fine

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Moonraker:

I"m on the ferry at Ouistreham now, asked the booking clerks before about the service to and from Portsmouth, they said that it will still be running but for freight only, so you were right Franglais

I hear the restaurant on the boat is closed?
After eating in my cab I was hoping for summat decent.
M-way service areas closed except for fuel.

from my many experiences on the shuttle bus I suspect this is where the virus mutated… :unamused: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
from my many experiences on the shuttle bus I suspect this is where the virus mutated… :unamused: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It’d have to be a bloody hardy virus to survive that bus!

the maoster:

m.a.n rules:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It’d have to be a bloody hardy virus to survive that bus!

Are they still using the bus, with what’s happening or allowing folk to walk to the carriages.

biggriffin:

the maoster:

m.a.n rules:
from my many experiences on the shuttle bus I suspect this is where the virus mutated… :unamused: [emoji38]

Are they still using the bus, with what’s happening or allowing folk to walk to the carriages.

Are the carriages that much better than the bus? Horrible.