ADR route around Rotterdam

Good afternoon can anyone help where to find a map or guide on adr routes . I need 1 for getting out of Rotterdam and going around leige. Thank s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rotterdam is well sorted and signed for all tunnels and bridges. Liege is bypassed. A Flemish tunnel card is available which works off the ziffer but it’s not necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonesybonesy:
Good afternoon can anyone help where to find a map or guide on adr routes . I need 1 for getting out of Rotterdam and going around leige. Thank s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi Jonesybonesy,

In the absence of a map or guide, here’s a rough way of working things out…

Road tunnels >500mtrs on motorways and main routes that have an ADR restriction must have signage.
Such road tunnels are given an ADR Tunnel Code Letter, which must be shown on the same sign as the restriction.
Also on the same sign, there must be a viable alternative route that you can follow.

Example of an ADR road tunnel restriction sign:
(Heading out of Europort towards Rotterdam)

Rotterdam.jpg

In the example above, there is a tunnel ahead that has an ADR restriction, the restriction code is “C,” and there is an alternative route shown on the sign.

All dangerous substances and articles are all given an ADR Tunnel Code Letter.
The ADR tunnel restriction code for the dangerous goods that you are carrying should be shown in as a capital letter in brackets just after the Roman numeral for the Packing Group on your CMR.

If you are carrying multiple UN numbers, the strictest restriction code must be applied to the whole load.
( = The restriction code letter highest up the alphabet)

Further rough guidance…

• You CANNOT go through a tunnel that has the same ADR restriction code letter as the the restriction code letter for the dangerous goods that you’re carrying.

• You CANNOT go through a tunnel that has an ADR restriction code further into the alphabet than the restriction code letter for the dangerous goods that you’re carrying.

• You CAN go through a tunnel that has the an ADR restriction code higher up the alphabet than the dangerous goods that you’re carrying.

If you were approaching the tunnel in the pic above, dangerous goods of ADR restriction codes “D” and “E” are allowed to go through that tunnel.

There are some exceptions to the above, but you didn’t give any really usable info in your question, hence my very general answer.

as dieseldave says, the signs are good, and it usually means crossing a bridge which some times will mean waiting for it to let ships past, and if you miss the first sign there are normally get out clause gates just before the tunnel with a speaker phone to ask to have the gate opened, don’t risk the tunnel if plated up as all are under camera surveillance,

And in Daves photo above, follow the [1] for the route around that tunnel.