Schengen 90/180 days rule

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
No stamps or checks being carried out at Eurotunnel by the French when leaving the UK, passport was scanned by Eurotunnel staff just after checking in, only sign of any French officialdom was standing outside their office on a smoke break.

Sounds about right.
Been through various borders without someone in uniform looking at my passport.
Never failed to have my passport scanned by ferry or tunnel company yet though.
So, the info from your passport collected by the companies is being used??
I assumed (right or wrong) that this was the point your ID was put onto national computers to say you were entering or leaving a country (UK) or zone (Schengen).
I assumed that a scan at this point, if problematic, would stop you getting on train/ferry, and end the smoke break of the Police Frontiers?
The ferry/train company wouldn’t give a ticket if national computers say “no”?
As I say only a guess.

Think it will depend on where the scanned information goes there is a time limit as to how long a company can hold your personal details and it is under 90 days as a regular Irish Ferries user I am asked my details every time I sail I have asked why I have to give the same details everytime and the answer is data protection as they are not allowed to keep my details indefinatly on the system. If it goes to a government agency then there may be different rules as to how long your personal details can be kept.

If the company is connected to a Gov site, it won`t need to store anything.
The same way office staff can upload into a customs site, a travel company might enter your details into a Gov system. Dunno if that is whats happening or not.

I`ll try and ask around some of the friendlier faces in the ferry offices.