Be afraid be very afraid

i returned to the uk in 1996 after working in germany for many years , mainly in steel transport.
you were by and large left alone ,but boy oh boy has that changed.
for those of you who can understand german watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=nbBfa0g0 … ure=relmfu

coming to a vosa near you .
regards
tzz .

don’t have to understand german to understand some of those drivers are getting royally shafted! some deserved it.

it looks like they’re competing with spain. who can get the most money.
[zb]ing Nazis.

10% overloaded cost the first guy €110!

The 2nd truck was travelling from Scotland with recycled clothing, and they charged him over €4000! That was worked out on the distance of his trip and what they reckoned his profit would be… although the driver looked completely knackered!

limeyphil:
it looks like they’re competing with spain. who can get the most money.
[zb]ing Nazis.

No wonder Germany can afford to prop up Greece :open_mouth:

I like the way they say Wahrscheinlich uberladen… Makes it sound like a done deal before they start writing the ticket out don’t it?

‘Zehn Prozent’ over is around 4 ton! Hardly “over by a bag of spuds” is it?
The driver’s “spitting blood” attitude isn’t that far from what I’d expect compared to over here. Neither is the age group of the drivers! :smiling_imp:

So the Germans picked up a 1000 euros or more for him running overweight and wrecking our roads? I take it the cheque is in the post!

They all look to me like they would be happier running around a U-boat aiming torpedoes at refugee ships, I suppose this is as near as they can get to that.

i didn’t really understand the bit on the industrial estate. the guy was parked up unloading, then they just turned up, and took a load of cash off him.
what was that about?

TonyP:
So the Germans picked up a 1000 euros or more for him running overweight and wrecking our roads? I take it the cheque is in the post!

They took €110 off him for being 10.1% overweight… hardly a fortune!

limeyphil:
i didn’t really understand the bit on the industrial estate. the guy was parked up unloading, then they just turned up, and took a load of cash off him.
what was that about?

The earlier guy with the 4cm (i.e. 4.4m) overheight was charged €2983 which was calculated on his supposed profit from the trip he was doing… And the driver didn’t know how to drop the roof, or couldn’t for some reason. His boss didn’t want to pay so the truck was parked up.

After two days, his boss said one of his trucks was just up the road and had the money for the earlier misdemenour, so the Polizei went to pick it up.

mikey-t:
don’t have to understand german to understand some of those drivers are getting royally shafted! some deserved it.

The police officers in that video did say that until recently, it was much more laid back with a €50 fine for most things, but they’ve recently started to crack down and it’s caught some of our Eastern European colleagues a bit by surprise.

The cop doing the talking was saying he reckons it won’t take long for the message to spread.

He also said that fines were based on the length of the trip, and the trucking company’s expected profit from the job. So the guy going from Scotland to Czechoslovakia and overloaded with recycled clothing was hit with a fine of over €4000… and he had to re-load, and secure his entire load. Everyone gets parked up till the fine is paid!

limeyphil:
what was that about?

they collected the 3000 euros his colleague owed for being 4cm overheight. A punishment fitting the crime, apparently.

anyone know how long they can legally hold you for if you don’t have enough money?

limeyphil:
anyone know how long they can legally hold you for if you don’t have enough money?

For ever.

Harry Monk:

limeyphil:

For ever.

we’ll dig three tunnels, we’ll call them tom, ■■■■, and harry. harry :smiley:

If they don’t gas us first. :wink:

Harry Monk:
If they don’t gas us first. :wink:

Climb slowly out of your cab and walk away. just keep walking, don’t look left or right, the border is only a fw miles away, and remember, if anyone speaks to you, you are a dutch flower salesman on a business trip to Hamburg!

Angela Merkel arrives at Warsaw airport.

Name?" says the immigration officer.

“Angela Merkel” says she.

“Occupation?” says the immigration officer.

“No, just staying for a couple of days” says she.

I wonder how they calculate an expected profit for the trip? Besides, what happens outside of Germany’s borders is hardly concern for them, how can they increase their stupidly high fines because he’s travelled through other sovereign nations before arriving there? So he travelled from Scotland, so what, all they need to be concerned with is that he crossed at Venlo or Aachen.

Sadly I believe this is the way the UK will go, we’re already seeing it with vosa’s obsession with strapping down everything regardless of common sense and when this sort of authoritarianism reaches Britain, there will be plenty of UK trucks on the road with crap vehicles or obsolete curtainsiders that dont allow for proper load securement that will make the average Eastern European in Germany look like a state of the art piece of kit. That Czech truck at the start is no worse than much of what is on the road at the UK at the present time and his load was strapped more than is the case in most British curtainsiders. Plenty of UK trailers are every bit as knackered as his was.