more job losses

in wilkos at magor today talking to a fellow stobart driver who runs out of appleton who told me we have shut the leeds depot and are taking the drivers out of goole and chesterfeild
can anyone comfirm this or is the usual story telling ■■■■■■■■ i hope its the later as i dont like to hear of hard working folk loosing there jobs

Someone has mentioned on here that they are stopping tramping from Goole and Chesterfield

Henrys cat:
Someone has mentioned on here that they are stopping tramping from Goole and Chesterfield

A relative of my best mate is a tramper for Stobbies, and they got 90 days notice yesterday.

Ken.

Oh yes :smiling_imp: It’s 100% true

they shut the leeds depot a couple of months ago.

Quinny:

Henrys cat:
A relative of my best mate is a tramper for Stobbies, and they got 90 days notice yesterday.

Ken.

Think you will find it is 30 days as per the legal requirement for intended notification.

jessicas dad:

:open_mouth: I was in there last week :unamused:

dri-diddly-iver:

jessicas dad:

:open_mouth: I was in there last week :unamused:

i was told they had shut it moved everything to sherburn and laid off all the drivers. :neutral_face:

■■■■■■■ ■■■■ to hear this so close to christmas too hope they lads an lasses find work sharpish

cliffton 27:
[zb] [zb] to hear this so close to christmas too hope they lads an lasses find work sharpish

unless i understand it wrong, its notice to end tramping, not the job, think their moving to double shift the trucks

Appears that Stobarts don’t want trampers and instead day/night drivers. Leeds was working as normal last week - although the end is very near.

I’m a tramper and have received 30 days intended notice :cry:

im tramping out of trafford park was on nights but was offered monday friday day tramping and for me personally its a whole lot better than days/nights as your not rushing your nuts off trying to get home as long as your work is off your left to it
i did hear though they prefer trampers as its more cost effective rather than having a guy run back from leeds to manchester only for the night man to take over and run the truck back up the same way if you get what i mean
but the latest news seem to show otherwise

It looks like it depends on the depot or area,
Is there enough loads leaving/entering goole to warrant trampers or can it be done on shift runs, because they are running so thin on margins dead miles are lost pounds, shame it squeezes the drivers out but ■■■■ only rolls downhill.

I mentioned on another thread that 3 years ago i was told by a stob manager that they intended not using trampers as they ideally want the unit to be earning 24/7, it was at sherburn when they started the cce contract, the idea then was that they have depots up and down where the trailers are just basically dropped and another collected, they were also trying to get minimal empty running, , masterplan on paper makes sense but then you enter the real world…

My dad runs out of Leeds and has just got his notice he went to Stobarts after getting made redundant last time :frowning: