Tipping on break

Henrys cat:

Franglais:

Henrys cat:
My question back is, do they deduct a break from your hours?

For me if I get 45 mins knocked off/day for a break, I take that break when I need it at a place of my discretion not their choosing. If they pay me from card in to card out with no deductions, then I would take the break as requested above.

Although you do make a fair point, won`t you end up doing a 45min longer shift, for the same money?

No because they are taking 45 mins off you for break. Booking it on the bay means I get back earlier so less shift time and still have 45 taken from that. And if they deduct then its on other work or POA when on the bay and the break is taken when I get out.

A lot depends on where you work and what they do though, and what you want. As sometimes its in you’re interests to booking when they say, as that means another load so more hours thus more pay. There’s no right or wrong really its just your personal choice and what suits you with how your firm are.

I did job and finish and always took my break between turn arounds in the middle of the shift wherever I happened to be.
There’s no problem with taking a break ‘on a bay’ just so long as you’re not doing any ‘work’ Whether helping to load/unload or winding up the legs or doing a trailer pre trip etc etc.
Sitting in the cab eating/drinking/reading/watching tele or listening to the radio is fine.Although we also had depot canteens.We were actually stopped an hour’s pay for break but take 45 minutes and finish the shift 15 minutes sooner is the definition of job and finish.Nothing lost the load gets back in the morning 15 minutes sooner so everyone is happy.