A day out in sunny Peterborough

I think the sunshine we had yesterday may have gone to my head, as I felt inspired/arsed enough to take a few photo’s. :open_mouth:

Set off from home in the unit, down to Norfolk Line and snapped under a tautliner for an 11:00 Peterborough.

The CMR was made out in typical spidery Dutch. The address read;
Carters (Builders), The Olds Sports Ground, Eye Road, Peterborough.
Very ZBing Detailed ! :unamused:
A few U-turns later and I found the place, a poxy, muddy, building site at the back of the services atop Frank Perkins Way. :smiling_imp:

The load, 40’ lengths of steel sections for a new garden centre ■■■ retail park.

My new Dutch friends ! :smiley:

Two hours later, CMR signed and no reload, I headed for home. :smiley:

Not long after pulling onto the A1M south I passed a VOSA Galaxy, looking for punters. Two minutes later they found one. Me. :open_mouth:
Following the instruction on the digital roof bar of the VOSA Car, I tailed them to the checkpoint at Sawtry.

As I was empty they deemed it unnecessary to weigh the little Daf !
I was, however, strongly advised to write in my diary “Did not work today” on the blank pages of the days when I “didn’t work” so as to provide evidence in future checks that I had, indeed…not worked.
My verbal assurance is not enough ! :unamused: :unamused:

(Bear in mind I’m a freelancer and work for several different operators. This further confused the situation on top of the fact that I haven’t worked for eight weeks prior to this week and so I don’t have any previous tacho’s to prove my having had 45 hours off :exclamation: )

A little further on, still chuntering about stupid ZBing regulations, blah blah blah, I had a life changing moment…

Low and behold…

MR VAIN !!!

Flashing and waving at little ol’ me !!!

Cheers Rob, that made my day ! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Not long after this momentous occasion I found myself parked up at Red Lodge. The Little Bronze Dutchman must have been on auto pilot ! :laughing:
Old habits die hard. :wink:

Anyway, after swapping my empty Macmillan collection tin for the full one behind the counter (Cheers Ladies and Gents ), a quick ■■■ ‘n’ a brew ( and a couple a quid in Mr Billmans Tin, sorry Rob, i’m a bit brasic till the next cheque clears :blush: :blush: ) and off we go again.

I struck it lucky back at Norfolk Line, as there was only one motor in front of me.
Dropped the trailer, quick snap :wink: and round to pick up my skelly with yesterdays empty from a 13:00 Sittingbourne still sat on it. :open_mouth:

Having got this off on the m/t park on Trinity I had another celebrity moment when LITTLE ENIS came past in a blaze of lights and waving arm(s) ?! :laughing:

Well this much exitement in one day deserves a celebratory drink.
So I shot into “The Mobil” for another cuppa tea ! Then home in time for medals and ice cream ! :smiley:

Nice day diary that and all the pics were a nice size for me to see :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: good read mate

Quite enjoyed that, well done Goaty. :wink:

Seem’s to be some activity at sawtry weigh bridge with those cranes :question: :question: wonder if that has anything todo with the 24/7 roll out :question: :question:

There was also a 20’ MSC box on a Ratcliffes stepframe parked up with the cranes.
I was told they were about to lift it onto one of Goldstars’ that had just turned up after having a double blowout, repaired on the trailer, from the previous day.

Goaty:
There was also a 20’ MSC box on a Ratcliffes stepframe parked up with the cranes.
I was told they were about to lift it onto one of Goldstars’ that had just turned up after having a double blowout, repaired on the trailer, from the previous day.

Goaty the pleasure was all mine!

Oh and just as an addendum, I got pulled by VOSA again today at Levington ! :open_mouth:

Bronze is obviously frowned on by the powers that be :exclamation:

Goaty:
Oh and just as an addendum, I got pulled by VOSA again today at Levington ! :open_mouth:

Bronze is obviously frowned on by the powers that be :exclamation:

MAYBE THEY WERE LOOKIN FOR THE PREVIOUS OWNER! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

…I was gonna say, that’s an ex-Little Enis motor isn’t it??

Just out of interest, how often does that crane/container scenario happen at checkpoints?? I remember hearing years ago that a certain operator based not far from Enis used to regularly have containers removed by crane at Risby and other places…and it seemed to be quite common practice for them to call out a crane to do this.