Cornish not quite past(ie)

Do they have a hub down there? Bit big for dropping off at the locker.

cornwalllive.com/news/cornw … pvs6pz8hn5

njl:
Do they have a hub down there? Bit big for dropping off at the locker.

cornwalllive.com/news/cornw … pvs6pz8hn5

Quote;…"The driver blamed the sat nav’'.
It can happen to.anybody (especially me who does this area and similar types of roads myself every week) …
But that one sentence tells us all we need to know about the ‘‘driver’’ involved really doesn’t it.? :neutral_face:
:unamused:
No further questions.

Even for trying to avoid the roadworks on the A30, that’s miles out of the way and it doesn’t go anywhere anyway, so I can’t believe he had any good reason to go there in that. I go there every week and artics (albeit perhaps smaller) can get through, but it’s not funny (for the poor driver). The next bend (to the left at least) is somewhat worse IMO, but then I only use a 16 tonner.

For those that know the area, has he passed any weight, width or height limit or even unsuitable for HGV’s sign?

njl:
Do they have a hub down there?

I know and use quite a few in that area.

Oh !..you said HUB. :laughing: :laughing:

stu675:
For those that know the area, has he passed any weight, width or height limit or even unsuitable for HGV’s sign?

I street mapped…

It and I didn’t see any. My theory is he wanted to turn back on the B3285 but couldn’t at the bottom of town cos the ■■■■■ is too small. So he went up the hill, through the tight bit to come back down.

Anywhere off the main drag down there is not for the faint hearted.

robroy:

njl:
Do they have a hub down there?

I know and use quite a few in that area.

Oh !..you said HUB. :laughing: :laughing:

Are you sure your firm’s efforts to get you in secure parking each night isn’t to keep you away from beer and loose women? :slight_smile:

Word on the street was that he was foreign and eventually got through though not without damaging a bit of St Agnes. A big car transporter tried to get through once but he had to reverse out of town. I’m sure they wouldn’t try it again and life goes on.
Never noticed any warning or prohibitive signs on the way but it sure could do with one; after all, many “unsuitable for HGVs” signs are on routes which are much better than this one. There’s a pretty bad double junction up the road near Chiverton cross near a bend with a national speed limit where someone was killed a few years ago. That could really do with a 40 limit too.