Severn bridge closure for high siders

If the new bridge has a height restriction,id the m48 still good?

Very rare for the m4 bridge to be closed to high siders but if it is you can be 99% sure the m48 is already closed.

Have known for the bridge to be closed due to Ice but not for Wind/Highsiders.

One of the bridges has got some sort of height restriction.I know because I seen it when I was on the way to Bristok,but I cant remember which bridge

Are you sure that you’re not confusing that with the weight restriction on the old bridge?

Sploom:
One of the bridges has got some sort of height restriction.I know because I seen it when I was on the way to Bristok,but I cant remember which bridge

Its on the Prince of Wales bridge, I think its to do with the work being done to it!!

Ok,thanks for that,yes its definitley a height restriction

southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ … -crossing/

Ouch!

Actrosman:
Traffic diversion for M4 roadworks at Severn crossing | South Wales Argus

Ouch!

They’ve managed to…

Time it so that the logical alternative (the other bridge) is closed? :open_mouth:

Genius.

yourhavingalarf:

Actrosman:
Traffic diversion for M4 roadworks at Severn crossing | South Wales Argus

Ouch!

They’ve managed to…

Time it so that the logical alternative (the other bridge) is closed? :open_mouth:

Genius.

It’s not the old bridge itself that’s closed. It’s the road between the bridge and Magor services that is closed. The main diversion is from Chepstow, via the A48, to the Coldre, (or vice versa) but there is a 15’ bridge on that, so anything over 15’ needs to go via Gloucester.

It is a shocking example of forward planning by toddlers, after two bottles of fizzy lemonade and a bag of sherbert…

I wonder how many times per meeting in these planning offices you can hear the immortal words “hold my beer and watch this……”?

I know nothing…

About road maintenance and bridge remedial work. But unless one or the other is in imminent danger of collapse, this diversion could be avoided right?

Right?

Don’t go the A48 if you are over 14ft there are numerous low bridges…

This is the first from Chepstow…

Screw the diversion I’d be going through Magor/caldicott regardless

You can understand drivers getting annoyed.If you were going from Swansea to London and then with that diversion,I dont think you would make it ,even with extra hour

Sploom:
You can understand drivers getting annoyed.If you were going from Swansea to London and then with that diversion,I dont think you would make it ,even with extra hour

If you were going from Swansea to London, and you used that diversion, you are not very clever.

Its funny how you can measure if someone is clever just by whether they follow the diversion or not…

Sploom:
Its funny how you can measure if someone is clever just by whether they follow the diversion or not…

So…

Did you?

the nodding donkey:

Sploom:

If you were going from Swansea to London, and you used that diversion, you are not very clever.

Out of interest which way would you go pulling a decker?

I suppose the m4,a449,a40 through Gloucester,a40 to Oxford,then m40