Job benefits

Taken off total jobs job with driver hire .
Only benefit as such as looks like nights out are in a hotel with breakfast and £20 night out money

30 minute…

Lunch break on Fridays too!

Where do I sign up?

Various duties…

My mate recently left a job driving for a farm company collecting veg for RDCs and fruit markets etc. If he had to wait for a load at any of their farms he was expected to go onto a packing production line and pack lettuces or whatever.

Breakfast paid - yeah two weetabix.

ezydriver:
Various duties…

My mate recently left a job driving for a farm company collecting veg for RDCs and fruit markets etc. If he had to wait for a load at any of their farms he was expected to go onto a packing production line and pack lettuces or whatever.

Don’t start Carryfast off again! :smiley:

tmcassett:

ezydriver:
Various duties…

Don’t start Carryfast off again! :smiley:

He’d be googling what job means. :laughing:

ezydriver:
Various duties…

Is that much different from the reality of road repair gang and scaffolding company drivers’ days.?

Do we not need a 45 minute break to satisfy tacho regulations. I dont mind helping with different jobs while working at a small firm.

I’m not seeing too much wrong with the advert.

Okay on the screenshot above the pay is not specified, but other than that it looks transparent to me about what the job will involve, they are honest about the fact it’s hands on and you will be doing various roles within your day.

I suppose it stops the shirkers like Carryfast applying, thinking they will be doing nothing but driving for 10 hours a day.

tmcassett:

30 minute lunch break? Proudly advertising they offer less than the legal minimum and making it sound like they’re doing you a favour? I find that a bit of a concern, especially since they say “your day will be filled”
Holidays TBC? Are they aware of the statutory legal minimum?

It reads as if it was written by an American.

Zac_A:

tmcassett:

30 minute lunch break? Proudly advertising they offer less than the legal minimum and making it sound like they’re doing you a favour? I find that a bit of a concern, especially since they say “your day will be filled”
Holidays TBC? Are they aware of the statutory legal minimum?

It reads as if it was written by an American.

A lot of jobs deduct your 45 min or 1 hour break from your pay. Maybe its implying they pay you for 30 mins and the other half is unpaid?

As for holidays, they.could offer different shift patterns i.e Mon-Fri, 4 on 4 off etc so holiday allowance will be different.

Or they could just be a cowboy company, but I was just trying to offer a different perspective on it.

ezydriver:
Various duties…

Rightly so according to SDU.Hes not a proper driver unless he’s willing to work more than half the shift doing anything but driving.Obviously won’t need the 45 minute minimum break.

tmcassett:

Okay on the screenshot above the pay is not specified, but other than that it looks transparent to me about what the job will involve, they are honest about the fact it’s hands on and you will be doing various roles within your day.

I suppose it stops the shirkers like Carryfast applying, thinking they will be doing nothing but driving for 10 hours a day.

Yep let’s take on all the responsibility of driving a truck.To spend most of the day working inside thereby totally defeating the object for anyone who likes driving and doesn’t want every hour seem like two or three.

Carryfast:
Yep let’s take on all the responsibility of driving a truck.To spend most of the day working inside thereby totally defeating the object for anyone who likes driving and doesn’t want every hour seem like two or three.

If a job requires you to do other stuff besides drive and they state that such as this job in the OP, where’s the issue? It isn’t your divine right as an HGV licence holder that you solely sit behind the wheel for 9-10 hours a day and do nothing else.

Of course, if you want to do that there are thousands upon thousands of different jobs that cater to those needs out there and are not difficult to find. I’ve had some myself and they are mind numbingly boring. You somehow couldn’t get one and employers avoided you like the plague, but that’s clearly an issue with your crapness as an employee rather than the jobs not being there.

tmcassett:
If a job requires you to do other stuff besides drive and they state that such as this job in the OP, where’s the issue? It isn’t your divine right as an HGV licence holder that you solely sit behind the wheel for 9-10 hours a day and do nothing else.

The most fondly remembered time of my working career will always be doing roadshow work, when I would typically drive one day a week and spend the rest of the time maintaining the generator, cleaning the trailer including mopping the floors, handing out leaflets and freebies, serving drinks to clients and a million-and-one other things which didn’t involve driving a truck.

Harry Monk:

tmcassett:

The most fondly remembered time of my working career will always be doing roadshow work, when I would typically drive one day a week and spend the rest of the time maintaining the generator, cleaning the trailer including mopping the floors, handing out leaflets and freebies, serving drinks to clients and a million-and-one other things which didn’t involve driving a truck.

Not quite on the level of job you describe Harry but one of my favourite jobs was the 2 years I spent on agency working for the CO-OP. To a lot of drivers, probably a nightmare job but I really enjoyed my time there.

I used to work with one guy who did the exhibition/event type stuff you describe and he loved it. Drive to event then spend a few days setting up tents/gazebo’s, trailers, stalls etc and also getting involved with things like cooking and drinks.

I dream of a job with a 30 minute lunch break on a Friday. Dream of it I tell you.

tmcassett:
I used to work with one guy who did the exhibition/event type stuff you describe and he loved it. Drive to event then spend a few days setting up tents/gazebo’s, trailers, stalls etc and also getting involved with things like cooking and drinks.

I used to do all sorts. County Shows in the UK for the English Cricket Board, setting up an exhibition trailer and cricket nets so that former cricket professionals could introduce kids to a simplified version of cricket, motor shows in Kiev, Brno, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, an exhibition for the Ministry of Agriculture in Vilnius, Lithuania, a roadshow for Xerox promoting the first ever digital photocopier which took over three months and went to Geneva, Zurich, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev, Bucharest, Istanbul and Belgrade.

Driving was only a small fraction of it and generally once the show was up and running, I normally had just had an hour of work at the beginning and end of each day, generally cleaning, otherwise I just went sightseeing. If I wanted to do more on the stand then I could, and I enjoyed that sometimes.

Wouldn’t be for Carryfast of course. :wink:

I still do show work, on an ad hoc basis. I’m forbidden to interact with the freight or perform any other duties but driving. The logic behind that being, if a stagehand is injured, there are plenty more to take up the slack. If I’m injured, there’s no one to drive the truck up to 1,000 kilometers for the next night’s concert.

JeffA:
Breakfast paid - yeah two weetabix.

Last company I got this with it was being put up in Premier Inn/Travelodge so full english brekky if you wanted it.