Markham Moor Truckstop

Just read a link on Facebook saying Markham Moors shut down,went past yesterday morning it was full,what’s happened there then?
Always seemed busy,they’ll be nowhere to stop soon…

Only the cafe thats closed

Just guessing, as I believe the shell garage owns it now, that they put the rent up a lot making it unviable to continue.

if shell have bought / taken over /uped the rent etc etc etc they probably are going to expand into it and create their own Truck Facility its a ready made space so quite a bit easier for them to do instead of having to go through all the purchasing and planning hoops as it will still be a lorry park

It’ll probably end up closing altogether and the land being used as another multi franchise food outlet building

peirre:
It’ll probably end up closing altogether and the land being used as another multi franchise food outlet building

That won’t happen…

The government/local council will step in and transform it into a paradise for lorry drivers with a pool, gymnasium, free showers, subsidised bar and restaurant (their own bar is subsidised).

Isn’t that what they promised not so long back?

IIRC same thing happened years ago, but it still reopened.

I see they are busy clearing the land around the fox at Colsterworth.
Planning permission has been in place there for some time to build a multi franchise food outlet there, what future the truckstop will have I dunno

Henrys cat:

Just guessing, as I believe the shell garage owns it now, that they put the rent up a lot making it unviable to continue.

You sure. Stopped there the other week. Cafe not open Sat or Sun or public holidays, otherwise 0600 opens but 0800 on a Monday.

Shell have taken it over but dont think it is shutting.

Sand Fisher:

Henrys cat:

You sure. Stopped there the other week. Cafe not open Sat or Sun or public holidays, otherwise 0600 opens but 0800 on a Monday.

Only going off a post on Faceache last week by the lady that runs the cafe. Seen other posts saying parking still open and still charging the same as before but with no cafe on site. It had its complainers, but I never had a bad meal in there, and would stop there rather than Newark as found it a nicer stop.

Henrys cat:

Sand Fisher:

Henrys cat:

Only going off a post on Faceache last week by the lady that runs the cafe. Seen other posts saying parking still open and still charging the same as before but with no cafe on site. It had its complainers, but I never had a bad meal in there, and would stop there rather than Newark as found it a nicer stop.

had

Oh that is a shame. The lady on mornings her husband had a serious op and I often asked how he was doing. Breakfast good and cheap.

Just to follow on from the old MSAs reminiscing thread :smiley:
Anybody remember the old cafe on that site, standing roughly.where the Shell garage is now, on the roundabout,.when if you were s/b you used to park on the park and walk across the A1 to it.
Bloody great old cafe in those days,.I remember being broke down there all day in the 80s waiting for a recovery.

Also after that I remember it being a real good truckstop in it’s day,.I also used to walk across to the pub hotel in the village which was ok…

robroy:
Just to follow on from the old MSAs reminiscing thread :smiley:
Anybody remember the old cafe on that site, standing roughly.where the Shell garage is now, on the roundabout,.when if you were s/b you used to park on the park and walk across the A1 to it.
Bloody great old cafe in those days,.I remember being broke down there all day in the 80s waiting for a recovery.

Also after that I remember it being a real good truckstop in it’s day,.I also used to walk across to the pub hotel in the village which was ok…

I only got chance to call in there on a few occasions.
The last time I only wanted a bottle of pop because I had a serious headache from the night before and I
couldnt face eating anything… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Morley,s ?

I was told Markham Moor had been taken over by Exlcby, the people who own Leeming Bar.■■?

biggriffin:
I was told Markham Moor had been taken over by Exlcby, the people who own Leeming Bar.■■?

That certainly wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen.

I pass M Moor regularly and every couple of years I ask myself why I don’t eat there, so I do and then the reasons why not come flooding back; ghastly food that’s spent more time under a heat lamp than Katie Price served by staff who look as miserable as a bulldog licking ■■■■ off a nettle!

Not great, but handy and safe-ish overnight parking when pulling a running fridge with separated parking.