I need a job

So where do you find jobs? Is there some secret supply not listed on Indeed?

I’m tired of working nights, don’t want to go tramping. Ideally Surrey or close by.

Try total jobs,but I think most oppurtunities are on indeed.I dont like working nights but need the ectra money

Take a look over at Jepody, apparently there’s lost of jobs in Jepody

Does your face fit? :laughing:

Star down under.:
Does your face fit? [emoji38]

My face is beautiful [emoji2]

Any milk depots near you. Muller?

Have you tried old school?
Ringing or calling in at local firms?

stu675:

I’m tired of working nights, don’t want to go tramping. Ideally Surrey or close by.

I’m at the final stages of training and hoping to qualify this month.

Whilst training (5 months) I’ve been updating my CV & (though Job listing’s) building a database of local (Warrington) HGV Agencys.

My plan is to register with all of them as soon as I pass, making myself available for partime/adhoc work.

Being realistic, I’m not going to get longterm contracts with zero experience.

Hopfully my flexibility will result in me gaining enough experience to be considered for more regular work.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

stu675:

Could they offer…

You days? It’s always worth talking with peeps and see if your wishes can be accommodated. I’ve had a few conversations over the years that involved the boss saying ‘if he’d asked, we’d have switched things around for him’.

Good luck.

I think a lot of the most desirable HGV jobs recruit via the agency staff that they already have working there, try before they buy maybe. It’s not until they introduce another contract and drop the rates for new starts that they start recruiting directly.

I think that we older ones should help to get it out there that there is not now or ever was a national driver shortage. You have to get registered with all of the agencies in your vicinity.

RC88:
I think a lot of the most desirable HGV jobs recruit via the agency staff that they already have working there, try before they buy maybe.

Yes, I’d agree with that, they get to see what you’re like before committing themselves.

From my experience, I wouldn’t trust the vacancies on Indeed to be genuine, about five or six years ago I had a spate of applying for a variety of Indeed jobs, never heard back from a single one, even when they were a complete match for my experience.

I believe there’s a lot of smaller companies who go by word-of-mouth or personal recommendations, there’s still room for trawling the industrial estates speaking to people face-to-face.

I dont want to do this
I dont want to do that
I want to be a truck driver but i dont want to drive a truck
go try something else

SHYTOT:
I dont want to do this
I dont want to do that
go try something else

You can take the ■■■■ if you like. I would just like a job that I want, like working in the daytime like the majority of the population.

SHYTOT:
I dont want to do this
I dont want to do that
go try something else

Put this to a beat with a little guitar riff and I think it could be a hit

And I want the right to work from home!!! So I will definitely be voting labour [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 … esto-leak/

JeffA:

SHYTOT:
I dont want to do this
I dont want to do that
go try something else

Put this to a beat with a little guitar riff and I think it could be a hit

Yeah! In my head I’m hearing Joey Ramone sing this to the tune of “Sheena is a punk rocker”
“I don’ wan-na be a truck dri-ver…nooow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow” :sunglasses:

stu675:
You can take the [zb] if you like. I would just like a job that I want, like working in the daytime like the majority of the population.

Hiab training is very useful here, builders merchants tend to be a 7 to 4 or 8 to 5 gig.
Of course you need the ticket and some experience

Forget about the email harvesting job sites and do what Rob said, go and knock doors or search haulage firms on google and cold call them, they rely on agencies who will try to feed you the worst jobs for the lowest pay or night shifts you do not want, that is why they are hated. Be aware that a lot of them view these forums…

stu675:
And I want the right to work from home!!! So I will definitely be voting labour [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 … esto-leak/

An “election manifesto”?
Has someone else* been talking to The Torygraph before talking to Parliament?

*(Badenoch gets a rollocking from Hoyle)