Volunteering

Did a little Google to see if any organisation needs volunteer truck drivers.

Found one, they send you a list of things you need to raise money and donations to fill the vehicle, pay £200 for a ferry and have at least £600 for expenses.

Second offering was for a charity that rebuilds toilet and shower facilities in schools and other organisations They ask for £75 registration fee, £600 towards food and other expenses. Once there (Moldova or Rumania) you sleep on the floor in a dorm, food is cooked by the team and showers are portable. Yout there for two weeks.

Anyone ever did any volunteer driving?

The labour is cheap in these countries.The best way to help is just send the cash,I think.

I think Limeyphil used to do volunteer aid runs.

I’ve no idea whether or not he’s out of prison yet though.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

tachograph:

Jailed for 16 years in 2019 so probably eligible for release from 2027.

The two…

Enquiries I’ve made about volunteer driving have been met with no response, despite their request as ‘being urgently required’ and as the OP stated, a list of things that revolve around raising the money myself.

Harry Monk:

tachograph:

Jailed for 16 years in 2019 so probably eligable for release from 2027.

I’ve had to Google this because my memory is playing up to :wink:

He was caught in April 2015 and sentenced in October 2016, I believe the time held in custody is counted as part of the sentense so he should be eligible for parole next year.

facebook.com/NCA/posts/a-lo … 856385624/

tachograph:
so he should be eligible for parole next year./

I bloody well hope so cos I’ve still got those six suitcases he asked me to look after and they’re blocking my spare room up!

the maoster:

tachograph:

I bloody well hope so cos I’ve still got those six suitcases he asked me to look after and they’re blocking my spare room up!

:laughing: :laughing:

There may be some very happy times in those suitcases

I heard about young folk going out to Romania to help build class rooms etc. The old Romanians come along with deck chairs and watch the work taking place. I thought that the locals would lend a hand but no. its a different mind set out there.

the maoster:

tachograph:

:smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile:

Blimey that Limey Phil story somehow passed me by! What is he in for?!

switchlogic:

About 16 years!

alamcculloch:
I heard about young folk going out to Romania to help build class rooms etc. The old Romanians come along with deck chairs and watch the work taking place. I thought that the locals would lend a hand but no. its a different mind set out there.

Ah, that`ll be the Romanian mindset?
The one that has all of them coming over here, running extra hours for less money then?

They can`t both be right.
They could both be wrong.

switchlogic:

blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news … ab-1190345

tachograph:
He was caught in April 2015 and sentenced in October 2016, I believe the time held in custody is counted as part of the sentense so he should be eligible for parole next year.

I stand corrected, although if the 16 years is calculated from the point of arrest and he serves half of that then by my maths he could be out next month (April 2015 + 8 = April 2023).

Harry Monk:

tachograph:

I stand corrected, although if the 16 years is calculated from the point of arrest and he serves half of that then by my maths he could be out next month (April 2015 + 8 = April 2023).

I also stand corrected, for some reason I worked it out as if it was still 2022.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

Whether it’s this year or next year, I reckon after eight years in the chokey Phil will have an arse like a Japanese flag. :wink:

Franglais:

alamcculloch:

Ah, that`ll be the Romanian mindset?
The one that has all of them coming over here, running extra hours for less money then?

They can`t both be right.
They could both be wrong.

I think the mind set of a person who is willing to pack up and move several thousand miles is different to the person who stays home and won’t take the risks.

My cousins neighbour in Warsaw owns a large transport company and is short of drivers, my relatives on the farm can’t get anyone to milk their cows, they pay 50p an hour (although that includes accomidation), min wage is around £4.50.

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news … ab-1190345

Haha brilliant

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you’re after -

yorkshireaidconvoy.co.uk/get-involved/