40 mph and sometimes a lot slower

I hope you know us STGO lads dont go out every day just to ■■■■ you off, we dont drive slow just to annoy you… the law says its 40 MPH, so the guy driving the Range T who was tonking up behind me just before the Big Hill on the M3 just before the A34 turn off and obviously didnt see the orange flashy lights , so got a bit ■■■■■■ off you had to slow down just before the climb, I am sure everyone behind me appreciated you pulling in front of a 95 tonne GVW and brake checking me down to 20MPH, I lost all momentum and ended up climbing the hill about 10 mph - that really helped everyone mate- just out of interest when I approached you at Sutton Scotney- in a totally non aggressive manner why did you decide you dint need to fill up and jump in your cab and leave?

The only question I wanted to ask you, is how you thought brake checking me at the bottom of a steep climb would make your day, my day or anyone else on the motorway at that time day better, Just exactly what did it achieve

Name & shame Rikki :laughing:

sadly rikki they walk amongst us, did you get any info off said motor if so name and shame… :bulb:

not going to name and shame, its against forum rules for a start, plain white Range T pulling a liveried container skele with a 40 foot box on

Rikki-UK:
you pulling in front of a 95 tonne GVW and brake checking me down to 20MPH

I would rarely endorse sending dash-cam footage to the police, but do you think the police might be interested in your dash-cam footage? At the very least, his employer could be interested in the footage. That driver needs to suffer some consequences for that. There was absolutely no need for it.

Rikki-UK:
not going to name and shame, its against forum rules for a start, plain white Range T pulling a liveried container skele with a 40 foot box on

So a standard box jockey with a lower IQ than a tipper monkey then :imp:
I would never brake check a STGO load as I’m not that dumb and know heavy weight and big hill equals very slow speed

Rikki-UK:
just out of interest when I approached you at Sutton Scotney- in a totally non aggressive manner why did you decide you dint need to fill up and jump in your cab and leave?

I like this bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Rikki-UK:
just out of interest when I approached you at Sutton Scotney- in a totally non aggressive manner why did you decide you dint need to fill up and jump in your cab and leave?

I like this bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

I pulled up behind him at the pump, he saw the wagon, I walked towards the shop in his general direction , he got back in his truck and pulled off the pump and left, I am over 60 years old built like a strong wind would knock me sideways and would have trouble fighting my own way out of a paper bag, so can only assume he left cos he was embarrassed

^^^^^^^^^^^
yep but he probably knew that you got a LUCY :exclamation: :wink:

Could it have been a possible AEBS situation where the truck brakes hard for no reason for some mysterious invisible object that doesn’t exist?a bit too coincidental maybe but just offering a rational explanation as I can’t understand why someone would brake check another truck tbh let alone car drivers doing it. Also let alone doing it to a STGO driver.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Kudos for objectivity and an attempt to be fair, but I’m going to go with my gut instinct and say the other guy was just a knob.

I’d suggest sharing any dash cam footage from a near miss is definitely in order and might prevent an actual accident further down the line.

I feel ur pain mate
I’m the same everyday 38mph on carriageways and slower on single and b roads.
People just don’t get it mate
You can’t thrash ballast wagons and cranes around especially cranes.
16.5 ton axle weights every thing just gets very hot.

What is a range T?

Renault.

Zac_A:
Kudos for objectivity and an attempt to be fair, but I’m going to go with my gut instinct and say the other guy was just a knob.

I’d suggest sharing any dash cam footage from a near miss is definitely in order and might prevent an actual accident further down the line.

I know it’s rather wishful thinking really.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

He probably thought you were going to deck him. There are some drivers who have no idea about loads. That hill is a bit steep if you are loaded.

As m.a.n rules says, they’re all out there. What a bleeding moron.

well said Rikki, i was in the situation a few months ago running at 100tons ( crane ballast) had a fellow driver go past me swinging off the horn , ahh must have a loose chain so followed him into the services to thank him to be told i’m driving to slow and i’m a danger to other road users , tried to point out that that’s what the law says i can only travel at said speed , then he decided to point out that he’s been driving for 10yrs and he know’s what he’s talking about , wrong move as i pointed out i’ve been driving for nearly 40yrs and it’s twits like him that make the roads unsafe , we’re not out there trying to hold everyone else up we’re doing our jobs as the law says we have to , keep safe out there guys and don’t let the idiots get to you

Given you and Rik are both crane ballast men, it seems worth mentioning that - to the untrained eye - crane ballast doesn’t look abnormal from behind. No excuse, but may explain why you lads seem to cop it more than most!

The situation isn’t helped by the prats with the 4inch overhang who dress up in flashing lights and marker boards, waving their very small todgers out of the window as they go, mind… :neutral_face:

Lucy:
Given you and Rik are both crane ballast men, it seems worth mentioning that - to the untrained eye - crane ballast doesn’t look abnormal from behind. No excuse, but may explain why you lads seem to cop it more than most!

The situation isn’t helped by the prats with the 4inch overhang who dress up in flashing lights and marker boards, waving their very small todgers out of the window as they go, mind… :neutral_face:

now then bab, to the untrained eye, how many parts of the DCPC cover stgo ? plus have a word with the rac/aa and their heavy haulage division with all the flashing lights… :unamused: :slight_smile:

ps. as rikki runs at cat3 does that mean he has a large todger? :wink: